Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Broke My Leaf Spring

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by joeshmo473, Dec 22, 2004.

1. joeshmo473

joeshmo473 Registered Member

i broke a leaf in the leaf spring, right rear, and i need to know where to find two leaf springs with either stock height or a 2 inch lift. why, b/c i have a two inch add a leaf and a 4 inch block, i'm gonna use the block no matter what b/c it changes the angle of the axle. so tell me where i can find a decent new leaf spring with stock or 2 inch lift, btw tuff country springs are too expensive for my budget
    80' blazer, 6inch TCountry lift

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Since you're on a budget and TC springs are too expensive, you best bet would be to find some stock rear springs in a jumkyard and swap them in with the add-a-leaf and blocks. Most rear lift springs are in the $300+ range for the pair. I htink there are some companies out there that offer a new stock rpelacement spring, but you're still looking at probably $100 per spring....

That leaves you with these options:

1.Use stock rear springs from a jyard with yoru addaleaf and blocks

2.ORD shackle and remove broken leaf(if it is not a main leaf). keep addaleaf in and remove block. Use a small degre shim for the axle rotation.

3.New rear 6" lift springs leaves out block and addaleaf and use a small degree shim for the axle rotation.

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you're gonna break another spring no matter what. the block puts extra leverage on the spring. this is one case where leverage isnt your friend.

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Find a spring shop that will re-arc a spring and have them modify a set of stocks to give you the lift you want.