Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I broke my sawzall!!!! Son of a B#%*$

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TruckNutzDude, Nov 1, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I can't believe it... I broke the sawzall!!! I just installed a fresh 18TPI Torch blade and went to cut away some 18 gauge sheet metal. The first half inch of cutting went fine then the shaft where the blade mounts just fell out. Something internal broke I guess... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif CRAP! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i have broke a few of them like that, its the internal thing that makes it pump, when you jab the saw, it can snap right off in one shot, did that once.

or it can weaken it ad itll brake later.

shell out the extra cash and get a milwalkie SUPERsazall, it is the best.

it iss all we use at work and we use it tons tons, and were always cutting big things or useing it for a long time.

it just keeps going! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I can't believe it... I broke the sawzall!!! I just installed a fresh 18TPI Torch blade and went to cut away some 18 gauge sheet metal. The first half inch of cutting went fine then the shaft where the blade mounts just fell out. Something internal broke I guess... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif CRAP! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Oh the price to pay to run 44's /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah i have broke a few of them like that, its the internal thing that makes it pump, when you jab the saw, it can snap right off in one shot, did that once.

or it can weaken it ad itll brake later.

shell out the extra cash and get a milwalkie SUPERsazall, it is the best.

it iss all we use at work and we use it tons tons, and were always cutting big things or useing it for a long time.

it just keeps going! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the supersawzall... is the orbital one better? This will be my second milwakee one and my third reciprocating saw. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i never used the orbatal setting much, how onl was the saw?
    mabey retourn it to the factory, they might have a limitid warinty still on it.

if it was an older saw, the newer ones kick ass. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I like to use Dewalt. I had good luck with their tools. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. TruckNutzDude

It's not really that old but I doubt I'll be able to get it warrantied. I think it's a good 2-3 years old and it has seen some heavy usage. I forgot when I got it but it has the metal case and the quick release blade holder. It also has the dial for the speed on the handle. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I know the newer ones have plastic cases and I don't think they use the dial to select the speed anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I guess I'll find out when I save up enough money for another one. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

what are you going to do with the broken one?

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Get an air saw. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

plasma cutter /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

11. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I've got a 10 year old Craftsman(made by Dewalt) and a new 9.6 amp Dewalt. The oldie I have cut entire truck cabs apart with, but the Dewalt has the quick change on the blade and I LOVE not having to carry a tool around to change blades!The Dewalt is about $100 with case.

12. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Ive heard that if you buy a power tool from Home Depot it has a lifetime warenty on it. Next time you buy one get it there and keep the receit.

Nick

13. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    I've had a Super Sawzall for about 13yrs now and have repeatedly bludgeoned the **** out of it from day one. I have a pile of "S" shaped blades from using it in places it really didn't fit (the ones that kick the saw back into your wrist at light speed), I have also had to dig around for it when it got lost in blown cellulose insulation up in the attic while doing some repairs/mods over at my mom's house. The thing came out looking like the Abominal Insulation Tool, but pulled the trigger and after regurgitating its insulation filling it was off to the races. It doesn't have the quick chuck, dial speed (does have high and low) or orbital (wish it did at times), but does have the best thing that Milwaukee ever put on their tools: The Quik-Lock cord /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif!! After all of the years of abuse, the cord (other than a few welding slag burns) looks and functions like brand new. All of the other Milwaukee tools I posess (some newer tools than the Sawzall) have gone through a few cords already. That is the only complaint I have about ANY of my Milwaukee tools. I just recently scored my first modern rechargable tool. A 14.4V Milwaukee 1/2" Loc-Tor drill. More torque than the 18V Dewalt and less weight to boot. This is one mean tool (I already let the smoke out of it and it still works perfect /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif). I won't get rid of the Magnum Hole Shooter, but this is definitely more convenient. So convenient that I wish I had gotten the 18V drill so I could score a cordless Sawzall without buying the whole kit.

Good luck with your Sawzall issues there. You might want to contact Milwaukee Customer Service as MOST os their tools have a 5yr warranty /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I just tried this out on a Milwaukee chop saw recently and other than having to take it to a repair facility, it was FREE /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif!!