Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I built a bed in the k5!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GEORGIA GABE, Jul 16, 2006.

1. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

Next time I have to sleep on the trail its going to be alot nicer!

The front peice is supported with an aluminum piece along the back that slots into another aluminum peice on the box. the front is supported with straps coming off of the rollbar. it will stow on top of my rear box under the spare tire.
    gabe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

That's what's nice about the Burb, i just lay the back seat down, and throw the inflatable mattress back there, inflate it with the cigarette lighter pump, and bed is ready in less than 5 minutes:D

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I have a fold out aluminum framed cot that fits in the back of my K5 perfectly. It takes about 30 seconds to set up...but I can't run a back seat if I plan on using it. whichever rear seat I install it'll need to fold flat so I can sleep in the back. I really enjoy the overnight wheeling trips...

Rene

4. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

A fullsize air mattress fits in the back of a blazer with the rear seat folded forward flawlessly. The wheel wells even help in keeping you from rolling :D

5. GEORGIA GABE

I have to keep my rear seat b/c thats where Shelby, my dog rides. What I really like is the only thing extra I have to carry is a small piece of plywood. Most of our trips are camping and wheeling but we dont typically camp on the trail. I spent one cold night on top of schoolbus at tellico. I broke a rear ring and pinion, one jeep caught fire (we got it out pretty quick). then it started raining then hail, then rain....26hrs on the trail...my seats recline but with no top and no doors it was a bitch. I also made the top due to the same experiance. I used some extendable poles to make a rear shelter area.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. GEORGIA GABE

but then you have no room for trail spares, tools ect. I cant stand breaking something and not having what I need to fix it. Thats why my box looks like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]