Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I call Bull Sh!t!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4x4dreamer, Mar 12, 2003.

1. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

On two things.
    1. There's this guy that hangs out with my neighbor, a total mooch. He drives a Police Package Crown Vic. The other day, I'm out working on my truck and he drives up and tells me he's getting a 496 to drop in it. Shaved heads, a few other things. Then he tells me that in a small car, it would do 225 mph, but in his Crown Vic, 205 mph, without nitrous or other power adders. BULLSH!T! No way a N/A engine is going to get a car like a Crown Vic over 200 without some SERIOUS mods and possibly a Turbo. He'll get up to 100 like a bat out of hell, but NO FAWKING WAY is he gonna break 200.

2. the neighbor the aforementioned mooch is always mooching from told me one night that Toyota makes the best 4 cylinder engines (like I care). How good you ask? Well, he let me know about a model of Toyota Celica, that you can get from the dealer, that will do 190 MPH, WITHOUT A TURBO or anything. BULL FAWKING SHEET! I tried to tell him that maybe the Speedo went that high, but no way the car went that fast and he insisted that he knew a guy at the dealer who absolutely knew what he ws talking about told him that. I finally just said "wow" to end the conversation because he wouldn't listen me tell him that there was no physical way.

What do you guys think?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ] Talk is cheap. Tell them to put some money on it and PROVE IT !!!!

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but in his Crown Vic, 205 mph

[/ QUOTE ]

*sniff, sniff* HOLY SMOKES! What is that awful smell??

Smells like Bullsh!t to me.

[ QUOTE ]
    he insisted that he knew a guy at the dealer who absolutely knew what he ws talking about told him that

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you remember Simon the smarmy used car salesman in the movie "True Lies"? That's who I think of when someone says "I know a guy at a dealership...."

This guy obviously suffers from a lack of stature that has resluted in the elimination of Beaver Oil in his diet for most of his adult life. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just tell him you can't wait to see it.

4. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i think you need to drink more and just have a good laugh /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 4x4dreamer

I agree. I wonder if the mooch realizes that race gas is like 5 bucks a gallon...he's probably gonna need it with the compression he's talking about...

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> DId you hear that they took the word gullible out of the dictionary? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

A car like a Crown Vic would need serious power to get anywhere near 200 simply because of it's aerodynamics, or lack thereof... </font>

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's more in the rear end gears. Over 200 is possible, but with the gears needed, it'd take all day to get up there. Be a complete pooch off the line.

8. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

you need to agree with him, and tell him that your truck will do 175mph in low gear!!! no really!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Tell both of those yahoos to stop looking at the Km side of the speedo scale! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

BTW - Work at a Toyota dealer parts dept and all I can say about the Celica story is...ummmm NO! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. 4x4dreamer

ARRGHHH, it frustrates me how STUPID some people are. I breathe cars...I'm still learning, but I have a good grasp of the concepts and basic laws of physics. Crown Vic=big, heavy, not exactly aerodynamic. If the COPmaro couldn't hit 200, well, guess what...the Crown vic won't either.

About the Toyota...PUHLEEEZ. Yes, it has 6 speeds, I don't care, not gonna happen. MAYBE, on a good day, downhill with a tailwind...145. 190..NOT!!!

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

while I'll agree the 22re toyota engine is possibly one of the best, longest lasting 4 bangers around, unless that's mounted to an aerodynamic bicycle, with a tripple overdrive including .76, .45 and .21, there's little chanec of getting a naturaly aspirated, stock 4 banger up to that kinda speed, unless it were a high performance engine, capable of spinning into the 14,000's from the factory.

I can't wait until I get the 454 dropped into my K20 sub... then it ought to be able to do... 350 MPH, because 1 HP = 1 MPH, and wind drag can't be worse then 100 HP over the whole thing... right?
    /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-Rich

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep!!! If it smells like sh!t and if it tastes like sh!t, then it must be sh!t!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep!!! If it smells like sh!t and if it tastes like sh!t, then it must be sh!t!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]YOU TASTED THAT SH!T??!?!??!

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]YOU TASTED THAT SH!T??!?!??!

[/ QUOTE ]
    I guess so because my mom tells me that when I was a baby, we were at a zoo, while I was in a stroller, and came across some ostrich poop. She said I bent over, picked some up and ate it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I have no recollection of that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

I'm just happy someone else finally used the word smarmy!

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Then he tells me that in a small car, it would do 225 mph, but in his Crown Vic, 205 mph, without nitrous or other power adders.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    he let me know about a model of Toyota Celica, that you can get from the dealer, that will do 190 MPH, WITHOUT A TURBO or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

17. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    He'll get up to 100 like a bat out of hell, but NO FAWKING WAY is he gonna break 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he does get it to 200, he won't stay there long to tell about it. The bearings in the frontend will part company, the driveshaft will probably fly out, tires will come apart, yaddi yaddi yaddi...

18. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Let's see...MoabDad was talking about his Crown Vicky cruiser topping at 135. I'm figuring on a Scientific Wild Ass Guess(SWAG) of pushing a Furd at 200 even, taking roughly 1135 HP!? Should be damn close for a guess-timate.

19. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Let's see...MoabDad was talking about his Crown Vicky cruiser topping at 135.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will let you guys in on a "COP CAR SOCIETY" secret........His neighbor is right. Our cars will do 230mph easy. With just a few tweeks on the ECM, a factory Crown Victoria (Police Interceptor only) will shake an 8 second 1/4 mile @140 mph running on weedwacker fuel.

Don't tell anyone. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

20. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Our cars will do 230mph easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I KNEW IT !!!!!

Is it also true about the wings and the rocket assist????

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif