Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I can drawl with the keyboard

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by balzackks84, Mar 4, 2003.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

.I..(o_O)..I.

and...

( ))===...... you get the idea

2. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

um nope

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    .I..(o_O)..I.

and...

( ))===...... you get the idea

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh....

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Drawl or draw? SHould you spend more time working on the spelling aspect of the keyboard usage?

5. balzackks84

Eh =\. That requires thinking too.

6. balzackks84

Eh =\. That requires thinking too.

Ha ha. It seems i dont know how to post either /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ha ha. It seems i dont know how to post either /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> That's OK, you can't expect alot from a guy named "Ballsack" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif </font>

9. balzackks84

Ok its not ballsack but it is a reference. Heres the story;

I was in physics class my sophmore year in high school and we were doing an experiment. It envolved multiple people, of different highths standing on a chair and dropping a styrophome ball. So the teacher started picking out kids and i happened to be the tallest in the class so she naturally chose me. When she did she was also handing out the styrophome balls. So she turned to me and said "Here's your ball Zack." And everyone started laughing but i didn't get it, so someone explained it to me. So please don't call me ballsack or sack in general, in person it really pisses me off so I would appreciate it if you didn't. I mean scrotum or whatever spin off you want is fine but sack...

Thanks
    Management

10. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

If you want to see AMAZING keyboard art, just go to Google and type in "ascii art" and other variations on that.
    Some pictures are amazing.

Here's a site with some basic designs.
    There are programs out there that turn actual pictures into ASCII art - it's pretty cool.

11. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

some people have too much freet ime on there hands if they can sit down in front of a computer and try to draw stupid stuff like that.

12. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    some people have too much freet ime on there hands if they can sit down in front of a computer and try to draw stupid stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[Boring Old Man Rant: ON]

You young whipper-snappers don't remember the day's of computing before we had pretty GUI's and mice.

There was a time when the only way you could display anything from a computer was text on paper. If you wanted to make a picture, you had to do it with text.

Much of the earliest stuff is gone since it was hard to make a permanent copy of things back in the '70's. Floppy disks (and drives) were expensive and hard drives ...... they were not available to the public until the '80's. I bought my first hard drive in the early '80's that had a 20Mb capacity and it cost me over $600. I still have that old drive hanging in my shed.

So, it may seem pretty goofy now but there was a time when ASCII art was cutting edge stuff!!

.....and we would walk for 20 miles, barefoot, in 3ft of snow both ways, without a jacket and carrying 50 lbs of books to school everyday just to get a chance to see some ASCII Art! And we were happy to do it!
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/Boring Old Man Rant: OFF]

I bet you would appreciate it more if you visit this web page and print it out on your printer.

... just DON'T DO IT AT WORK!

13. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

.....and we would walk for 20 miles, barefoot, in 3ft of snow both ways, without a jacket and carrying 50 lbs of books to school everyday just to get a chance to see some ASCII Art! And we were happy to do it!
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yea and let me guess it was uphill both ways too right. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]