Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Can Totally Play Harmonica Now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It's way more fun than it sounds

2. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I bought a good harmonica a while back and started to practice. Got a book on how to play but I kinda slacked off on it. I dig harmonica jams. I think I'll pick it up again...

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It's fun eh? My lips hurt now though

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I jam and it's fun.
    I found it easier then picking up a guitar so that's what got me started many years ago (maybe 25+). I can play some J Geils and blues are cool. Easy to take to a party or where ever. Keep going and don't be afraid to blow it loud.
    I even jamed with Johnny Winter once.

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Thats one of the few musical instruments I would ever have a desireto learn to play. A harmonica or a banjo, would just be cool to play, but I have zero talent at that kinda thing, so I dont waste my time.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I play the harp. Picked it up when I was a teen ager. I literally found a harmonica on a old tree stump. Picked it up, and found i coulld blow a few notes and have been playing ever since.
    Played in lots of barroom bands, in front of a lot of people. Usually play every year at the Natinal Cowboy poetery Gathering in Elko Nv.
    Harmonicas are cool! Everybody likes them. Espically Women. I think they know. A good harmonica player really knows how to use his tounge.:wink1:

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

You have zero talent at life.

Wanker.

I wish some of my friends played harmonica, it'd go well with my guitar.

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I have a couple "harps" myself... a Big River in E and a Marine Band in A... The Marine Band is way cooler, it has a deeper more bluesey type sound that I love so very much...

I'm just not very good at playing them, but I'm about 500000 times better than I'll probably ever be with my guitar :D :cool1:

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

:haha: I'm such a nerd thinking I was a badass in June with two harmonicas :doah:

As of today, my collection is 6 harmonicas strong... Of course, 3 of those are in the same key... It's a long story, what can I say? Now I have a Marine Band that stays in the car, plus a Marine Band and a Blues Harp all in A :)

Plus I have Marine Bands in C and D... Then that Big River Harp in E that I rarely touch... It just doesn't feel right :(

Plus I can actually play music which makes it way cooler :) I've taught myself to read sheet music, and I tabbed out a short guitar solo from an E.L. Burnside song, and a violin solo from an Everlast song... Suhweeeeet :wink1: Now if I could just do some blues improv, it would be a dream come true... I just get a little note happy and play too fast and play too high notes for good blues... I think maybe you have to be in a "blue" mood to get it right :)

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Music moves me...

I played the Clarinet in school for a few years,but I never was any good at reading music..(firt instrument I ever played was the "flute-a-phone"!)I could play by ear to songs playing on a record player--I could play "Love Is Blue" just like the recording!--I tried learnig the guitar,but I decided I liked my go-cart better,and traded it for a motor for it- :doah: --wish I had stuck with it..I'd love to be able to play a mandolin,guitar,or banjo--but my fingers already have enough arthritis to make turning wrenches difficult,never mind making chords on a stringed instrument..since I love music so much,I really wish I'd kept at it..I'd rather be a musician than a mechanic.. :doah: :rolleyes: :crazy: