Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I can't believe this!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KapeKodK5, Mar 28, 2001.

1. KapeKodK5

KapeKodK5 Registered Member

I can\'t believe this!

a few days ago I posted a note about some front lift advice. I am in search of 1-2 inches more lift. I have Superlift superride springs in front. Do I A: purchase lift shackles. or B: buy new BDS springs mine are only 1 year old. Is there really that much difference in ride quality? Please someone of the 30 people that viewed my last post please give me some advice

2. Re: I can\'t believe this!

i think the fact that no one has replied is a good thing- there isn't much BS in this message forum, compared to others i frequent- when someone with the info you seek sees your post, i'm sure they'll drop it on you!

greg

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: I can\'t believe this!

Ok, let me give an opinion for cheap way of getting that little lift. Get the ORD shackles and the ORD 1" add-a-leafs. This total will net you approx. 1 1/4" lift. Best thing is, it is very SAFE method of gaining that little lift.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'll second K30Guy on that one. I was about to reply the with the same until I saw he beat me to it. [​IMG]

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

i used a set of longer shackles on mine. I don't like the weakness of the ones I have, but I will fix that. I think the longer shackles made it ride a little better and added more flex by giving the spring more pivot. the ord shackles are nice and strong. I gained 1 inch by going 2 inches longer

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

You could always go with the 1" add a leaves that ORD sales. They do not affect your ride quality or flexibility.

89 K5 Silverado
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com>http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com</A>