Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I cant believe this

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Just out of idle talk over the dinner table today. I found out my old highschool(where my mom is a cook now and lil sis is a senior) doesnt have any pop machines anymore becuase its not healthy. The FFA Chapter also couldnt sell any choclates with their fruit and meat fundraiser because it was also unhealthy. Some state sanctioned BS now. Im probably overreacting but it pisses me off. Granted its probably a good think they kick the habit now. If I dont have at least 4 coca-colas a day I get headaches from lack of caffeine or something I suppose.

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

In my middle and high school, they would turn off the soda machines during school. You could only get a soda before and after school. I never really drank that much soda, so it never bothered me too much.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Its because parents dont want their kids to be fat... So instead of fixing the problem and parenting hteir kids they bug the school board till they do something about it:rolleyes:

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

lmao, yer right too, where i went to high school, as a freshman, we had soda machines, about 8 of them, in the food court and 2 or 3 around the school, where i went as a sophomore, they had none, but the next year they had a machine with milkshakes and bagels and etc, somewhat healthy foods... some parents cant control what their kids do or eat, so they hold the school responsible, where i was as a frosh, they only let water in the classrooms...

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

That's ridiculous. I would have been gouging my eyes out by 3rd period without my Sun Drop

6. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

when i was a freshmen all the machines were stocked full and had everything, next year they were replaced by poweraid and gatoraid ones. and senior year we still had poweraid crap

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

umm.. i think that is GREAT... look at how many fat people the US has....

8. Confedneck79K30

and they all got that way by drinking coca-cola lol.... if they're gonna take away soda, they need to lose the french fries and tater tots and gubment burgers, etc....

9. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

and vodka or moonshine? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

10. Confedneck79K30

hence the "Water only" at my school LOL

11. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

There's alot of elementary schools that have pop machines.
    When I found that out, I about sh!t my pants. Thankfully ours does not.

Why is it when you go to a restaurant with your 6 year old, they assume she wants pop. Tells me that most kids that age drink pop, and their parents let them.
    Milk, Water, or Juice is what our daughter gets. I rarely ever have pop, never liked it, my wife drinks it occasionaly.
    Ever look at the ingrediants of pop. It's not good.

Now, beer, on the other hand, that'll keep ya cancer free and healty till 110!
    Only if you have at least 6 a day though.

12. Confedneck79K30

lmao... pop... sorry, its coke here, no matter what brand lol...
    and btw, bread water is only required twice a day, BUT, 4 doses at a time..

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

We went to dinner last Saturday night and this bimbo waitress asked if our 22 month old daughter wanted sweet tea:rolleyes: Stoopid b!tch........

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Believe it or not, consuming large amounts of sugar is the best way to put on fat. French fries, tater tots and burgers, although being high in fat, are not the biggest contributor to the problem. It's the sugar, trust me........:deal:

FWIW, there are approximately 9.5 teaspoons of sugar in ONE can of Coke. That amount of simple sugars in a couple of gulps sends your body into a fat-storing frenzy. Once again, I know what I'm talking about on this one.

15. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I know people who do give their 2 yr old swt tea. then they wonder why they're so freaking hyper....

16. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Ha, same for me!
    You should see the looks I get here in new york when I ask what kind of coke they have.

You know, to me, even the juices you can buy are like syrup to me. WAY to sweet. I usually water them all down to about a 50-50 ratio.

We sure are a sweet nation!

17. Confedneck79K30

im sure that you do, but the greasy foods they feed kids arent helping either... if they were that concerned about children's health, they would have salads, pasta and light meat baked chicken every day

18. Confedneck79K30

i drink about a mtn dew ever 2 days and a coke a day otherwise water... and a lot of it, 3 or 4 bottles...

19. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

My point in all this isnt as to whether or not soda is good or bad for but rather that what your child consumes should be a parents concern and not a school boards. Besides taking soda machines out of a highschool aint gonna do sh!t. The kids are too old and have set habits and taking the soda machines out wont make a differance. Healthy habits have to be tought at a young age by PARENTS...

Its amazing to me how much parents complain... If they spent as much time paying attention to their children as they did bitching about everything to somone else to keep their kids safe the world would be a MUCH beter place...

20. Confedneck79K30

well said, well said