Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I can't post in the diesel forum, But...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SICNICK, Apr 26, 2006.

1. SICNICK

SICNICK Registered Member

I just bought a pair of 6.2 diesels of of govliquidation.com.... My plan is to take the better of the two and swap it into my 83 K10 this summer, then build the other motor with plans of a turbo and propane, trying to get about 250 hp and 500 ft. lbs at the rear wheel, I owned an 89 ford IDI a year ago, and turbo'ed it as well as built my own LPG injection setup, are these numbers reasonable? Is there a 6.2 expert? What different turbos can I run, Im very comfortable with fabrication.... I know ken at DPS performance in Michigan was the guy to talk to about IDI Fords... ALL Info is greatly appreciated, and Im proud to be back in the diesel basement! [​IMG]

2. 85-m1028

85-m1028 1/2 ton status

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i think those numbers are doable - maybe slightly high. i saw a dyno of a tired 6.2 which recieved a turbo and it was 500lbs at the flexplate.

4. SICNICK

SICNICK Registered Member

good to hear! :bow: I know an IDI ford COULD achieve these numbers, and obviously I dont want a race car, just something that can shoot me through the rockies twice a year, ( I go to school in CO and live in So. Cal) and hopefully still get some stellar mileage! I dont tow anything, just have my race quad and school stuff in the bed;)