Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Can't Take It Anymore....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BlazenHeart, Sep 3, 2002.

1. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

I Can\'t Take It Anymore....

…I need HELP!!!!! My brake light is staying on, speedometer is wigging out and every now & then the service engine light comes on (mostly when going down hill). I had my friend check it out, who works for a Chevy dealer, and he said it was the speed motion sensor. So I got a new one changed it out and that lasted for about 10 minutes. The brake light stayed off for the 10 min but the speedometer was still on the fritz and service engine light still came on. I had this happen before at the beginning of the year changed the part late February and all was well until Sierra Trek.
    Can anyone help on this?? I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get on this, it is really starting to bug the piss out of me.

2. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Re: I Can\'t Take It Anymore....

Try the Switch at the top of the break pedal, could be a tired unit.

Maybe try squrting some oil down the inner speedo cable to lube things up. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

it could be three different problems. or at least two.
    you may have to reset your computer to tell it that the speed sensor has been replaced. it may do this on its own, something to look for.
    the brake light issue is probably its own little issue. start at the pedal, and go towards the light itself, and rule out any shorts or faulty components.
    aren't these trucks fun?

4. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

I did disconnect the battery cables to reset the computer, that only lasted 10 min if that. I was hoping someone else has had this problem before so I could get some insight.
    And last time I did have this happen replacing the sensor fixed it.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Take a paper clip, unbend it all out. Then utilizing the two ends, stick each end into the top right hand ports on the ALDL connector that should be located to the left and below the steering column on your dash.
    [​IMG]
    Now when you do this, you will have to watch your check engine light. Now someone correct me here if I screw things up. It will flash a Code 12. The light will flash once, pause, then two quick flashes. Wait after this, then the fault code will flash. Say it flashes twice, pause, then flashes twic again, that's a Code 22. Retrieve the code and then you will know where to start. You should be able to look up the Codes in a manual, if not, do a search through the tech forums, there are several code lists in posts up there, or just post back. We will fix this, we will overcome.

6. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

it sounds like the friend that works at the chevy dealership did that, to identify the speed sensor.
    i guess she could do it herself, and learn to read code and all.....