Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I checked on those brakelines..good news and bad news...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 55Willy, Jan 23, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Okay I ran over to the shop that has the infamous" $20" brakelines..From what I saw they are not DOT approved, they don't have any markings on them liek the other companys. They make race cars and sell alot of them to sandrails. My friend bought a set for his 'yota and I haven't heard any problems yet. They come in sizes from 12" to 30" long, in 2" incremants(sp?) and from $12 to $19 each...and the last bit of bad news..the fittings are extra[​IMG] they are $8 for the banjo end(caliper) and the other end is about the same....She wasn't really sure if they were DOT or not and so she said to ask her husband who has been building race cars for 30 years, so I'll back over there on Saturday when he is there and get more info on them and if we can get a group purchase.

<hr></blockquote> Do not write below this line

<hr></blockquote>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thanks for looking into it jeremy[​IMG]

wheeling pics

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I think it was the skyjacker lines that weren't DOT approved when they first cam eout...but I can't remember either. I know I'm getting my lines from them.

<hr></blockquote> Do not write below this line

<hr></blockquote>

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, I was just checking into +11 and +10 lines for my K30 and they are going to run around $150 for the three. Ouch! But, with the delay (while this is investigated) and shipping added on, I guess I'll go on and order these. I'm still checking locally for other/better prices.

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked, 4" lift, 42" tires
    Some day: massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

6. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Both the Skyjacker and Pro-Comp lines are DOT approved now. I bought the Pro-Comps for a 10B 2 or 3 yrs ago. They are/were made by Earls, who has been making them for the go fast crowd for quite some time. They were labeled "DOT Approved" &amp; "Earls" on the lines &amp; the instructions and "DOT approved" &amp; "Pro-Comp" on the package. The Skyjackers were on the D44 on the '73 when I bought it. They are labeled "DOT Approved" &amp; "Skyjacker" on the lines.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>