Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I could spend a LIFETIME in my garage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 27, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I always write "clean the garage" on my To-Do list as a weekend project.

Since I have no free weekends, I'm trying to start a new plan of upkeep/organization. When mounds of stuff inhibit walking from point A to point B, its time to stack stuff away.

I started a bit of cleaning tonight after work... organized and sorted my lug nuts and grouped them according to shape, condition, length and what they will go on.

Then I started on organizing all the cans and containers of bolts, washers, nuts, fittings, and small parts. 2.5 hours later, I had a few categorized cans filled.

If I estimate the time it would take me to clean and sort and separate everything, I mean EVERYTHING in my garage, it would be like a career for the rest of my life. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

And I already have projects lined up for me from now till I'm 95. I just need make it rich and hire little workers to do all the little time consuming stuff.

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Seems like you have a full-Time job just keeping track of all your Trucks............................... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

ill take some of those extra D60's off your hands since they are getting in the way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hell ill buy some of your extra 60 of clean your shop for one. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

wow, I wish I had that many lug nuts... I keep losing them in the darn dirt!
    One day, I will take some of those odd nuts and bolts off your hands /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. mountainexplorer

For some reason, stumbling over Dana 60's doesnt seem that upsetting to me. The only ones I have except one, are all under rigs anyway. The one in the garage is sitting there, awaiting the day I get enough money to actually buy "new" parts for it... a strange concept for me. But finding used 5.13's is kinda hard.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My garage WAS clean , until I dragged another Blazer ( not running ) home /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. mountainexplorer

I sometimes wonder about my mental condition... like when I was sitting there sorting the lug nuts according to shape, length and condition of chrome.

Why do I even put that much thought into stuff? I now have a bag labelled "Camo" with 32 rusty lug nuts (since no chrome is on that K5); a bag labelled "Red Truck" with 32 of the cleanest/shiniest lug nuts; a bag labelled "BCC" for the big crew cab with 32 of the longer lug nuts to help account for the 14" wide rims.

I really do have something messed up. I once found this unopened bottle of power steering fluid in this truck I bought, and I saved it on my shelf for 3 years. I wouldn't touch it cause it was the "real" PS fluid, and not ATF, and I didn't want to use such quality stuff unless I was sure it were going into one of my vehicles that was "done" (meaning into a PS pump that would not be removed or drained for a long time).

/forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

I have plenty of body bolts laying around. Kinda looks like you may need a few. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif You should just take this '79 K5 Blazer tub I have instead so I don't send it to the scrapper.