Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I cried, then laughed, then got out the grinder

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trailblazr81, Jul 20, 2005.

1. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

May 27, 2005
    OK Ive been working on cars and trucks for quite awhile now. This was a stupid mistake. I had put 2 new tires on my Blazer then a month later it took a big dump on me. So then I got a 73 K20. It came with 16.5 inch rims. My Blazer had 15 inch. I bought 4 8 lug 15x10 wheels and 2 more tires. Took it all to the shop. Later on I get a call. Guy from shop tells me... "good news is your tires are mounted, bad news is they dont fit!! The fron wheels are hitting the caliper. Well Im thinking I just wasted money on wheels and tires, so I take it home and try to put 'em on. Almost on. So I spend the rest of the evening grinding caliper and mount and got the wheel on. Tonight I'll do the other side and will be good to go. I guess the worst part is I tested a wheel on the rear before I took 'em to the shop, but for some reason didnt think of trying the front. I know this!!!! :doah:
  2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Mar 5, 2001
    lol welcome to my life

every day something retarded like this happens to me, i swear

good luck

youll be fine, just grind away, youll get it, im sure

be careful though

wear your glasses