Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I did it again. Another truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 4, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I got a payment on a truck I'm selling... and immediately turned around and bought another truck.

So now I'm the proud owner of a rusty 1978 Chevy 2wd 3/4 ton Silverado Crew Cab 454 TH400 for $650.

Bought it from the same guy I bought a '73 C20 454 truck from 3 weeks ago for $375. I've cleared him out of big blocks now.

Pics to come as soon as I take them of this yellow beauty.

Stupid move on my part cause I have a $900-$1000 bill coming up in a week I was supposed to save the money for. But I couldn't pass another truck up.

2. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

wow, that was a surprise :)

-Avery

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

your my hero. :)

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

Allen, you need to go to CTAA, Chevy Truck-Aholics Annonamous meetings. you have a serious addiction. the first step in healing an addiction is to admit it and move forward. you even said you have a big bill coming up, BUT you just coud'nt pass another truck up. and this one does not even have a D60 in it.

the next step is to rid yourself of the poison that is driving your addiction. you must sell, OR give away ALL of your trucks that are the root cause of this horrible affliction.

then you need counseling, probably years of counseling to help cure this insashable need to buy this poison you crave so deeply.

you have been tetering on the edge of the line for a long time, well you crossed into the dark side with this 2wd truck. this is like smoking weed for a long time with binges of coke use periodically but getting more and more frequent with such binges, looking for that next hopefully better high.

BUT, with this 2wd rusty bucket, WITHOUT A D60 EVEN, is like sticking a needle in your arm. you need help Allen, and I am just the person to help you. I will gladely drive myself all the way to where you are and take all this devils poison off your hands. I do this out of the kindness of my own heart, to help a fellow CK5 brother. you can keep only 1 D60 to help you ease off this problem you have. I will even give you a D60/14FF bearing tool I make to let you enjoy playing with this 1 D60. trust me Allen, this is what you need to do. other wise Im affraid what your future has in store for you.

your CK5 brother rdn2blazer :D :haha: :haha:

5. mountainexplorer

Here it is. It will substitute for towing while I tear the 454 and SM465/205 out of my '81 4x4 Crew Cab and swap in a roller cam 454 with an NV4500.

So I'll be sporting this $650 yellowish '78 2wd 3+3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This morning I pulled the motor out of the '73 I got from the same guy a few weeks ago for $375. Seems to be the original motor... 1972 date casting, 3999289 block and 049 heads.

I sold the factory tach for $100, and tilt column for $60, and have a guy getting the TH400 tranny from me for $150... so I got myself a 454 and 14-bolt rear for $65.
    [​IMG]

6. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

amazing. i wish i had that kind of energy/motivation.

7. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

good work. that's awesome.:laugh:

8. mountainexplorer

Well, this is annoying, I swapped carbs tonight to try and get rid of an intermittant miss in the 454 in the Crew Cab. It went away until I started driving it, then came back. So I checked the distributor, and it was pretty well worn out, so I put a recently rebuilt HEI in it and better cap and rotor, and now it runs worse. All wires are ok, so I started pulling plugs, and they look like they aren't all that old, but they are Autolite 403 plugs, which I've never used before.

It's annoying when you fix problems and it runs worse. I'm guessing that if I put new plugs and wires on it, it won't run at all. :crazy:

9. 1979chevystepside

1979chevystepside Registered Member

my 350 in my chevy did that, the more stuff I replaced the worst it ran. itll get better:D

10. 1979chevystepside

1979chevystepside Registered Member

I saw a new 4 door one driving around with the doors off, and it looked pretty bad IMO