Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i did it again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Apr 13, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i took my friends short bed frame he painted up and was not using :rolleyes: . then to help motivate him to the running truck status i added a few things:deal: . i took his 40x17x15 ground hawgs and mounted them to some 15x10 white crawlers i scored off ebay for 240.00. then to fit them on the dana 60 front i had in my colection i ground the calipers a bit:grind: :1zhelp: . this to help clear the 3.5" backspacing of the rims.

next i bolted on a steering box brace kit thanks to a fellow ck5er that had one i got from him:thumb: . also i added a drop pitman arm from a local friend:waytogo: . then all of this with a slightly used but good and tight box i had.

then i added the full 4" front and rear spring lift i grabed at a local junk yard :eek1: . with the front i also took and added a short section of rear overload leaf cut off the same length as a zero rate block. also added some ord hd shackles and full greaseable bushing kit for the springs;) .

the rear is a 3/4 ton 14ff to fit with no mods:pimp: . so to help in stoping i added a disk brake kit:smile1: . and with all of that to stop i threw in a hydro boost unit i had that matched the box.

then for the cool efect i got some rear 88-up dulley centers as thay are the deepest and some conversion lug nuts with plastic hold on nuts for a completly diffrent look on those aftermarket rims. real easy mod to perform:surepal: :cool1: .

well you ck5ers should have been there tonight when i droped it off to him to see the look he had on his face. then he didnt have much to say as he was just blown away:haha: :wink1: :D .

matts frame 001.jpg

center caps 001.jpg

center caps 002.jpg

center caps 003.jpg

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

can I be your friend?????

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

No kidding. You can come "borrow" some of the junk from my yard any time.:bow:

4. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Looks really really good, I like it alot. Nice work!

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

My C1500 and LT1 need borrowed too. :deal: