Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I did not know this!!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 3 on the tree, May 8, 2005.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

The little vent doors on my 70 K5 are designed to come out in order to clean behind them. The top pivot pin is spring loaded, just open the vent door all the way and gently pull in on the bottom of the door, the whole door pops out. I found this out trying to get the mouse house out from behind the vent door. Also, I pulled the backs off my util buckets and found the OE tags on the seats, with a date of 22 Dec 1969. Either my 70 was built really early in 70, or GM had quite a stock of seats. Thats all, just stuff I found interesting.

2. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Build date

My guess is that a Dec. '69 build date would actually indicate a '70 model year vehicle.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool, thanks for sharing. I have never tried to take them off beefer :D

4. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Yep the older vehicles were August or later of the prior year. Now I think its like July. Federal Safety Certification label on Drivers door or b piller will tell you production date. Label was required 1970 and newer vehicles.

Good info on the vent.