Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I did the rusty hinge repair wow what a job <pics> (Got Cancer?)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by foxman, Nov 11, 2003.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

Wow the rust is unstopable!!!
    took me @ 6 hours to weld up a support, and get the gate working. It weighs a ton!!! especially when you have to lift it up to a truck on 35"s by yourself!!! any how I've a little patching to do and was wondering what the heck to do to replace the 4 body mounts that have seemed to pushed through the floor. I welded up the bedside pillers to the fabbed gate mount and all my rattels went away... how do I get the mounts out (i'm replacing the floor hopefuly soon....)

thanks for lookin'

Jeremy my briefcase

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Sounds good, I'm doing the bed floors right now! Just waiting on the new bushings and bolts

my post

If the body mounts and most of the floor is good just the floor around the body mounts are bad, I thought about getting a piece of 1/4" plate 4' long by 8" wide this should fit side to side at the wheel wells (4foot) and also set on or touch the bracing in the middle of the floor (8 inches on mine), then drill two holes and slide the plate in under the floor at the body mounts. Mine was far enough gone in the middle and back I just chopped the whole thing out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Like this <font color="white"> pic of BRB trying to be tortila man! </font>
    [​IMG]

3. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

Mine needs that replaced as well, although I doubt I will fix it till the tailgate falls off /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

After seeing those pics, you guy's are making me feel guilty about cutting off rust free sheetmetal. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    After seeing those pics, you guy's are making me feel guilty about cutting off rust free sheetmetal. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever you cut off should be shipped out here! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif