Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i dont get it

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shupach, Apr 5, 2003.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

wats w/ this new "craze"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

It's what they like? They might think the same about 4 wheelers, spending a lot of money to beat on thie trucks.

3. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

i understand that, but we enhance our trucks purpose, they go against the definition of a truck

phill

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I saw one of these things in Greenville on 20" and laid in the weeds...I felt it before I saw it because of the HUGE Bass...cool paint, tho...Cadillac Tangerine w/Tangerine Pearl flames with blue tips...I got a Nephew-in-law that builds $hit like that and has actually had Two of 'em in Magazines...Total waste POS...

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't get the lowrider thing either, but then again, I grew up in a town 100,000 people and more railroad tracks then streets. You'd see lowered vechiles there, but they couldn't drive them down over half the streets in town. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

It kinda reminds me of a wiener dog to long to be that short

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I don't see a problem with it. I wouldn't build one but so what? Everyone has fun in different ways. If you can't respect that your not a decent person in my opinion. May be mean but its how I feel and I know I am not alone. I am from Pennsylvania pothole capitol of the US so there aren't too many seriouslly lowered vehicles, my friends girlfriend has an Xtreme its stock and she says its too low for the streets. But these don't go against the definition of a truck, first of all a burban isn't a truck its a really big SUV, secondly I have seen many duallys and all lowered that can easily still hold the load capacity they could at stock height, sometimes even more! Air bags are an amazing thing.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

why god why?!?!?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif lowered full size rigs are lame, I dont care what the owner wants to do. LOL!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif We dont take the low-rider crowds old Impalas and put 48" michelins on em (yuck!!) do we???!

j

9. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i want a 6" lowered C3500 dually crew cab for a tow rig. Things are bad ass.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

stability is the key with tow rigs right? why not leave them factory... should be more stable that way than lifted or "slammed".

j

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A few years back I had a 78 C30 crew cab (4 door) duelie pick-up we used to tow a lawncare trailer with. The front had drop spindles, but the rear was at stock hight. Looked and handled great. Wish I had a pic of that thing so I could post it.

13. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I love them things. Keeps the street nice and clean... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I thought it was a hearse. Looks real convenient for hauling coffins.

15. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i used to talk a lot of sh!t on those things too. then a while ago i got to talking to one of the guys that builds them. its like, they fab lots of their stuff to and put just as much work into making their rigs low and we put into making ours crawl. i think that custom stuff is cool. not like the ricer idiots that use lots of bolt on junk. but that primer gray burban, sombody put A LOT of work into making that thing sit like that. i wont ever own one, but i still give props to the guy who built it.

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i liek the look of a 2wd truck lowerd..s-10's or a full size..but not TO low..like that burb in the pic is to low for me..and i like it higher in the back..something with a big block in it with duals sticking right out the back..ahhh..i like those chevy SS pickups with the 454's in them..those are sweet!

17. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't see a problem with it. I wouldn't build one but so what? Everyone has fun in different ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to Latino car shows where they have Fat Fender 47 type Chevys...full chromed out 235 Stovebolt 6 cyl in a 51 Slantback with 13's and aVisor, etc...Really wild murals under the hood, trunk, On the hood, trunk,etc...

Hell, I just like Cars, Trucks, etc whether they are lowered, lifted, chopped or not...I love T buckets and old trucks...I love old Stock model T's and such...I love OLD Greyhound Busses and Mack Trucks...

I've travelled to Nascar, Tuff trucks, rock crawls, mud races, desert races, tractor pulls...haven't been to a swamp buggy race (yet)...and I've even been to a Midget Toss (charity event at a Biker Rally)...

I poke fun and admire all of it at the same time....I am a Motorhead... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

yo,yo,yo

yo, why everybody gots ta be playah hatin'? yo?
    Dem dub's is off da hook, yo.

LOL

No, really that black one on top is pretty sharp. The primered one will probaly look pretty good with paint.

19. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple"> you wouldn't know what a " DUB " was if you dropped one on yur foot /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif J/K
    honestly,, i don't get it either and i probably would never own one,,,but i will give them MAJOR props for all the custom fabricating that goes into that stuff. you've got to have big ones to just hack away on a $40,000 + vehicle and turn a dream and a vision into a moving piece of art. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font>

20. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i kinda think those trucks are cool. I wouldnt drive one or build one but when done right they look alright.