Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I dont get it....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigchevy80, Sep 3, 2003.

1. bigchevy80

bigchevy80 Registered Member

Hey guys im new i have a 1980 Chevy truck and want to mud w/ it and stuff. How come i cant post in anyother forums but this one? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You have to be a paying member.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

4. bigchevy80

Thats [I love Jeeps] retarted!

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I suppose that you would prefer CK5 to have to shut down completely? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif This place isn't cheap to run, and it's well worth every cent of $25 to join. </font>

6. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No coming on to the most informative site on the internet and posting crap comments like this is [I love Jeeps] retarded.

You don't like it find a better site /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    Good Luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to CK5. FYI, it's spelled "retarded".

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

shh hes probably an exjeeper, its like learning to walk again... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey guys im new i have a 1980 Chevy truck and want to mud w/ it and stuff. How come i cant post in anyother forums but this one? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Down Demon Dogs!!! Welcome to the forum. Yes, it is a bit of an inconvenience to have only one forum at your disposal. I think there are links at the front of the site that give reasons that you would want to spend the cash to join.

But I'll point out my own personal reasons for joining and you can take them with a grain of salt.

1) Most BBSs tend to have a lot of hostile folks that like to do nothing more than argue and call each other names. You will find very little, if any, of that here. The atmosphere here is far better than any other BBS that I visit or have visited in the past.
    2) I spent $25 to join. In only a few months I have saved probably $200 on parts that I have purchased here. I have even had members offer to give me parts for free or for shipping cost only. I don't think you'll get that kind of savings on any other BBS.
    3) There is limitless tech info here that you can't find or buy for $25 anywhere else. I would say the tech info here has easily saved me several hundred dollars by teaching me to do things myself rather than pay others to do it for me.

It's worth it and I don't think you'll find many people here who will say it wasn't worth the $25.

Just my humble opinion.

Sal

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Well said, Sal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

11. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Most BBSs tend to have a lot of hostile folks that like to do nothing more than argue and call each other names. You will find very little, if any, of that here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah just disregard the first 4 or 5 replies to your post /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

J/K most of the people here are good people and will answer your posts. But they are not all gold and sunshine. I will eventually pay to join when spending $25 for a membership here becomes more important to me than spending $25 on a part for my ride. Until then I'll be taking the free lunch and eating the beans and franks while the rest get pizza.

12. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still post here and get questions answered, so I am not sure how us still being able to help you out for free is retarded? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still post here and get questions answered, so I am not sure how us still being able to help you out for free is retarded? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have gotten plenty of help from the blue names, they expect nothing in return.

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I have gotten plenty of help from the blue names, they expect nothing in return.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure what you mean by this? But I didn't say I expect anything in return for helping anyone. I never have. And I didn't say anyone who is a paying member expects anything in return. I was saying he can get help in this forum for free still from paying and non paying members all the same.... however he is simply limited to this forum. But if he just needs info on how to work on his truck, then this will be enough for his needs. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. bigchevy80

Sorry guys its a bit weird to me...I belond to 3 forums and there all free, so its just new. I was ove at Piarte4x4 but thats worse than this, if u ask one question out of 50 replys only one might be serios and answer your question. I want to get along w/ ya all and learn about stuff. Sorry for the comment. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: I don\'t get it....

no problem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif hope to see you stick around /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Welcome to CK5. The $25 is a real value IMHO, but you will likely see that for yourself the longer you hang around. There is a fantastic group of people here always willing to help, and the quality of info here is second to none regarding full size GM's.

If you decide to pay, great, if not that's also fine...you'll just be limited to this forum.

Rene

18. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

one thing I did notice...the post rates in the other forum I posted in, 73-91 fullsize, has dropped significantly. Maybe 10 new posts a day if that.

19. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    one thing I did notice...the post rates in the other forum I posted in, 73-91 fullsize, has dropped significantly. Maybe 10 new posts a day if that.

[/ QUOTE ]

most likely they became CK5 memebers and don't bother posting anywhere else /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif that's what happened to me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

$25.00 dollars is peanuts compared to the time and money you save. hell the micro-biology site only gives you 72 hours free, after that you pay or your out.for CK5 to give the most inforative part free is pretty damn cool i think.the replies to my last post saved me way more than $25.00, i also love the smart ass answers too. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif