Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i dont really know where to put this but its a loss....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blackcherryK5, Dec 24, 2005.

1. blackcherryK5

blackcherryK5 Registered Member

tonight i was driving to a friends house and my brakes gave out in my 1989 K5 and ended up hitting a steap deap ditch.....from what i oculd tell from looking at it in the dark the frame is bent into a V my engine trani and t-case is leaning to the driverside as well and cocked a little sideways and the output of the rear shaft on the tcase is pointing about mid way to the rear tire from the pumkin....the front clip is pushed back into the cab and both axles are a little off center.....it has completly lost park and reverse as well as stuck in 4 high........

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Man, sorry to hear that. I would wait till morning so you can see the damage in the light. Survey the damage then. If its too much to fix, then strip what you can, get another K5, and start over again.

3. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

Word. A non-runing shell wont set you back much. If you tear it all apart you got the chance to do all the cool mods you've wanted! Silver lining?

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

5. blackcherryK5

blackcherryK5 Registered Member

yes i had gotten it fixed.....i do not know what happend the brakes went to the floor and i started pumping then they finaly came back AFTER i had hit the ditch...i am in the process of looking for a 84-86 model k5 im going to put my body parts on it and keep my paint with the older style front.....