Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I don't think I'm getting the whole story...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Feb 28, 2007.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The international rumor mill came my way last night and I heard that my girl was cheating on me.

Called her best fried (Andrea, who is in London studying abroad, hence the international) and we made small talk for a while and then I took the bull by the horns. She was EXTREMELY hesitant to say ANYTHING. I finally got a jumbled and weak "she told me she kissed a guy while she was drunk at a party" out of her. Andrea immediately followed up with "I'm not going to lie to you." and "I would tell you anything else if I knew.". Needless to say, my bull**** meter is off the charts.

Anna has never said a word about this. She's also not answering her phone. Been dating her over a year, and planned on proposing when I had the money for a ring. I'm gonna try not to fly off the handle at her, but I'm already pissed that she did something and didn't tell me...and I seriously doubt that I got the whole story. :mad: :angry1: :angry1: :mad:

Rant off.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yikes.

I'm not gonna bother adding anything to this thread. You know where I stand on this issue.

Keep your chin up, my friend.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

All of a sudden old and married sounds good.;)

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Man, that sucks :( !!

Lucky there's thousands of miles between you two so you can cool down.

Think things out.
    Use your Grey matter on this, not your cardiovascular system (brain, not heart).

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You just saved money on a ring if you ask me .

6. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

X's 2

Like Pauly said you saved yourself some $$$. Move on to bigger and better things. Use this as a learning experience.

7. mikey_d05

The thing that really bothers me is that I'm never gonna know the whole truth unless I miraculously find this guy and get him to tell me what went on.

**** :angry1:

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Even if you did, it will do no good. Either be ready to forgive/forget or just move on.

9. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

dont know what to say, but they probably have spoken to each other and will probably use the same story.. good luck and hope everything works out for ya..

p.s. i dont believe the whole i was drunk thing.. unless your passed out on the floor you still have some sense in you and know what you are doing or about to do

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

You already know the truth. Now comes the hardest part, admitting it to yourself and moving on.

11. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Exactly.....I don't know if you can forget, but if you cannot forgive this by her, then you should move on, as it will always have the potential to come between you, and make a bigger mess of things later. There's a whole lot of circumstances beyond what we all know, so you'll have to sort all the feelings, trust, commitment stuff out in your own mind.

Good luck, and don't jump into anything.

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Bingo. As far as getting married, WAIT!!! You are still way too young to be thinking about that.

The best advice I can give you is to wait until you and the one you want to spend eternity with have both established yourselves in good careers before ever thinking about marriage, it will make it so much easier.

John

13. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

My gf knows what will happen... if she wants to do something like that she knows she better plan on being with someone else because there will be no questions asked, so if it happens that just means she wants to be with someone else.

But this might not be your case, you might have a much bigger heart then I do. But in any case don't except "It's only because I was drunk" as an excuse. If that was an acceptable excuse I'd never sober up, wouldn't have a police record and have less scars. :p: :o :doah:

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I agree. You will probably never know the whole story, no matter who you find and ask. Even in hypnosis, she can block it if she feels strongly enough about hiding it.
    Figure out what the future holds and drive toward it. If you don't address it directly, it's probably going to eat you up.

15. mikey_d05

Honestly, I'm sort of cold person, which makes it bring the suck that much more. I gave a damn. :mad:

We both told each other what would happen within the first month. I dunno wtf happened.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Breach of contract, deal is over...?

17. mikey_d05

:haha: Thanks man, I needed that.

18. KingDuramax

KingDuramax 1/2 ton status

He aint gonna tell you the truth either. He don't want his A$$ beat for sleeping with someone elses woman. He gonna tell you what you want to hear. Then go call her and have some more fun before you and her have it out.

19. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

how would you handle the situation if she had told you directly? The reason I ask is that people make mistakes. perhaps she is scared to tell you because she thinks you will dump her. ask her direct. it's already happened so there is no point in being angry. If she kissed someone and that is totally unacceptable then tell her so and break up. If she is dying of guilt and you can forgive her have some of the best sex you're ever gonna have. Then tell her she is only allowed to kiss girls in the future. And you need to be there for it.

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Currrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrb!!!!