Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I drive a forklift 12 hours a day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Dec 13, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

On some of my breaks, and at least one of my days off each week, (normally) I do video and graphic and photo work. Here is my "desk" in the office supplies room. Supposed to get a Nikon D70s fer Christmas from my wife..........:D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Pardon the quality of the photos, I finished up a Packing Dept. Safety video, caught up on the Suggestion program and accounted for $2500.00 in issued gift cards today.

2. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

gets boring on them forklifts don't it, atleast 10 hours a day of same ol s**T, what kind of fork do you run

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I ran em and taught em later on in the Corps. Also SkyTracs, Anthonys, Clarks, Toyo, even an ancient one that had a 392 Hemi OE power plant. Altogether, I've got about 15 years running em. Not anymore, and I don't miss it a bit, except for the SkyTracs.

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

That Nikon D70 is a great camera. I have enjoyed mine, had it since the end of summer.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is that a Dell Axim on the desk? Santa is bringing one to me soon because I've been a good boy and stayed away from Jaamie Pressly all year.:D

6. dontoe

Yeah, I love it big time!!!
    Show photos, watch movies, play games, record messages (and my supervisor singing a Japanese song once) surf the web, read E-books (I've read at least 30 now) use as a Phone,GPS, TV remote control (haven't done those three though yet) and the biggest reason for getting it..............the best MP3 player around! I plugged in a 1 gig SD card and a 1 gig CF card for storage. Look up the Axim club!

My should be here soon! Can't wait!!!

7. dontoe

We went electric a coupler of years ago. Funny thing is; I started here in maintenance, after 3 years I got tired of the people I worked with. I switched to the forklift job untill they get some guys I could work with. That was 13 years ago!!! :rolleyes:

8. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

we run electric too (raymonds) and the batteries suck need to be replaced or recharged twice a day, and constantly breaking. they had to supply us with a onsite mechanic 8 hours a day and on call 24/7.

9. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I drove lifts for years before getting in to IT. I loved Crowns and Cats and hated Raymonds. I will say Raymond makes some very odd lifts. Turret lifts are monsters made to be used in very narrow aisles.