Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I drove the beast today... and its still in one piece

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ak7, Sep 27, 2002.

1. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

So yeah... I got to the DMV this morning at 7:20am and waited until 8am to get inside and register my truck. After all of the paperwork was complete, I jammed home and fired up my 72 Jimmy and drove it to work for the first time. I love that thing. It's a little wobbly right now but after a few tweaks in the suspension and it should be running smooth. This was the first vehicle that I have ever worked so I had the AAA card ready just in case I broke down on the way to work. Now I can't wait to cruise it with the top off.

Just wanted to give my thanks to everybody for answering all of my newbie type questions that helped me get my Jimmy up and running.

ak7

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif sure is nice to take that first ride /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

yeah it is

especially after I have been staring at it in the driveway for the past 6 months.

ak7

4. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel. I have had my project 4X4 since about Jan. It's not driveable yet, but I did get to fire it up the other day, & it was a good feeling.

Mike

5. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Congratulations - it'll be top-off cruising before you know it.

A guy brought mine out to work, I test drove it, and bought it there. First time I drove it home, by the time I get there the shifter linkage has come loose so I can't get it into park. I had to call out to my wife to bring a 2X4 and put it under the front tire. She asked why I bought it - I told her cause it was cool - she told me she could tell by the big old sweat spot on my back /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i know what you mean as well! i got my blazer..been in the garage for like 5 months now and still not running, but it will be soon i hope, and then it will need a new floor...but i cant wait to get in it...and drive it to school..oooo what a awesome feeling that will be...top of to! hehehe

7. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

Yeah... One day I just got tired of looking at my Jimmy sitting in the same spot day after day. After that I pretty much spent every weekend working on it until I got it running. Now I'm driving it to work every day. I just dropped it off at the muffler shop this morning. Those early morning warmups were awfully loud with the exhaust coming right out of the headers. heheehehe. The mufflers are more of an investment for neighbors rather than myself. heheeh

ak7