Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Drove today

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Aug 7, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I drove today for the first time in over a month. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif the fourth carb finally worked right! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif YEAH!!!!!!!! She ran good all the way here except she coughed five times through the carb over 26 miles. i figure shes just been sittin for too long. i just wanted to tell somebodt because no one here shares my enthusiasm.

later

nathan

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

glad you finally got a good one on there.how's she runnin now?no leaks is a good thing. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

other than those few coughs. i can hear a lttle exhaust leak i guess off the header collectors. my oil pressure is running low. i know it has enough oil, but i am having a hard time getting it to show on the dipstick. i think i may have put the wrong one back in. she doesnt leak any oil or gas thank the good lord.

thanks for all your help again

nathan

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Right On Nathan!!!

My K5 has been on jackstands since the July 4th holiday....I am getting the "itch" real bad to drive it again, but it's going to be a VERY different vehicle by the time it's roadworthy again.....LOTS of new mods happening.

5. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Does this involve two 4's with a 5 in the middle? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I guess you didn't see this yet:

The 454 I Bought

Got my money back at least.....but I'm rebuilding the 396 for Moab. Actually I think it's a 402 with a .030" overbore....so technically it's something like a 408??

7. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I guess I did miss that /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha i can relate..MINES been on stands since APRIL!! but thas because we've been putting the engine, tranny ,and the whole works in it cuase i got it with out... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Bryan

9. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

I hear ya, I was going to change out the lifters in mine to eliminate a little valve noise last week. Now I have the engine out and stripped, tranny and t-case are on my bench, front clip off, and the tub's gettin jacked up so I can put in poly mounts. I say if you're goin, go all the way!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

that's great guy i win mines been sittin since august of 01' and it'll be bout spring defore this next phase is complete.