Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Eat My Shorts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cricket, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well I am eating my dirty shorts. First let me say Rob/Matt/Harley, my Arizona Bretheren, I have sinned. I have failed, I am weak. sniffle.

I couldn't help myself. When I heard the price my eye got a twitch, I smelled an electrical short in my brainpan, and my sphincter dialated down to 1 millimeter.

I have betrayed my 12 bolt brothers for the arms of a 14. I know I said never, that I didn't want that big arse under me - but I should have said - never say never. She was too purty and cheap. I'll have to trade in my Chromo badge and slink into self-exile.

75.00 and a 20 minute drive - here's.................... Johnny. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sunshine... I remember that.

what gear ratio? Looks nice for $75.

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Hey, that's only a 13 bolt!:grin:

Nice score by the way.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

13 bolted (missing one) 3.73 - just what I wanted for Christmas. Couldn't pass it for the price. That thing is HUGE compared to the 12. I'm still looking for my nuts after unloading it.

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm not even considering an axle swap, but I don't think I could have passed on $75 either.

You unloaded that solo? You must have been real excited over your score.:blush:

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well my friend if you define unloading as:

pulling, grunting, pushing, rocking, squaling, levering, dropping, crying, ball hunting, running for the bathroom, and spinal fusing.

Thankfully the gentleman that sold it to me worked at a shop with a nice big lift. His fellow wrenchers helped load it so that was the easy part. Bunch a nice guys. It would have been a trick to get it up there on my own.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  7. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

you think thats bad. my old roomate got a dana 60 for 300 bucks shipped from cali, and it came on an 18 wheeler, but on the top rack in the trailer. guy didnt have anything. not even a hand truck. it was clamped down to 2 pallets, and we somehow (wihtout losing our nuts) got it down from the top rack and shimmied it out the back of the trailer, then got it up to the garage. about 100 ft.

i feel your pain!!!