Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I ended up buying it....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by s373n_rcr, Jan 3, 2003.

1. s373n_rcr

s373n_rcr Registered Member

Christ, it's been awhile since I've been so excited about buying something. I thought it was an 88' but turned out to be an 89' Jimmy. 350FI, sm465, 4x4, rubber floors and vinyl seats, power nothing but brakes and steering and no A/C.

It's the first time I've driven something like it. It's wierd having the power without the speed, but it felt like I could pull over a building. On the snow covered roads in 2H the back end liked stepping out anytime I touched the throttle, but once in 4H it charged straight wherever I aimed. The steering felt vague at center, but not to the point that I can't get used to it. Also I'm not used to the mechanical sounds of all that powertrain, but man is it a pleasure driving an animal like that and looking down at all the wincey little fairy trucks. When I went to my buddy Ben's to show him, he was just by chance being dropped off by a buddy in his S-15 Jimmy. It was like that crocodile dundee knife thing. That ain't a Jimmy, this is a Jimmy. Anyhow, I hate to disrespect other peoples rides so I'll stop, but man are these trucks awesome...sorry for rambling..

P.S.I picked it up for $5000cdn.

2. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Congrats...Once you go K5, you will never go back. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

and thats why the other 1000's of people on here have them to!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

congrats...but cause you live in canada, have some rust-proofing done since you said its perfect, that way it'll last a long long long time

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

You will be surprised at how many looks you get from other people when you are driving it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifSounds like a nice one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Got any pics of her /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, sounds nice, how about some pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    So it begins....

8. s373n_rcr

As it is pitch black up here in god's country, a photo op is out of the question. But when daylight strikes tomorrow I will be sure to get out with my didj. Can I upload to this site or do I have to have a link to my own site with pics? Anyhow, won't have too much time to waste uploading photo's tomorrow as I am taking it on it's first trek out of town to pick up my sons "new" bearded dragon...hope it doesn't freeze back there...hehe........but will get around to pics this weekend, and thanks for the support and having me. This seems like a great community. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. s373n_rcr

oh yeah, and the thing I find best about this truck is the no power this and no luxury that. Less unworthy repairs to make. Straight up work horse. sh1t i am stoked on this thing.

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Before I found my K5, I was all set on a vehicle with power everything. Maybe a newer Chevy extended cab or something. Then I found the K5 and it was love at first sight. I have the same interior as you and now I have come to appreciate it. 3 young children, a hairy dog, and muddin' are all real easy to clean up. This summer I'll go with the bedliner in the interior and rip out the vinyl flooring /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It was nice reading about your drive. I *love* driving my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif .

1990 K5 4" Rough Country lift - all springs. 33" Pro-Comp M/T's. Dual exhaust & some other mods. Work in progress.

11. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Now all we need is some pics.
    Bo
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Is it lifted yet ??? If not, do you plan on lifting it ??? I really like my 6" Suspension lift. If you do plan on lifting it, I sudjest doing a axle swap at the same time. The factory 1/2 ton axles are the weak link in the fullsize Blazers and Jimmys. I went with 3/4 Ton axles becouse they can be had cheap, and are almost strait bolt in's. Only draw back is ya gotta get 8 lug rims. Just thought I'd bring that up sence you're new to all this.