Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Fawked up today!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sarazk5, Sep 11, 2002.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

We are interviewing at work this week for two Associate positions we have open. I have been designated to give the candidates their tests. Each person gets the test, some scratch paper, calculators, and pencils.

I explain to them.. Here is your test, this is scratch paper in case you need it, and a calculator. blah blah blah

Well the third guy that came in.. takes his test. When his time is up, i went in and told him. He gets up and asks me if he should tear off the papers from the pad of scratch paper. I said sure. Are you done with them? Said "I will get rid of them for you so no one else can read them" Then proceeded to say.. "Don't worry I'll shread it for you." He said "Well no one can read it but me anyway"
    I laughed and proceeded to pop it into the shredder, believing it was his "notes".
    Turns out, he wrote the test on the scratch paper, his test was blank... OOOPS! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif He didn't follow directions!

I was embarrassed /forums/images/icons/blush.gif , worse I had to go tell my boss I F'd up big time.

Anyway.. it all worked out after a lot of stress, after his interview, he had to retake the test.
    I asked my boss if she wanted to kill me, she said no. And later came to me and said not to worry about it, that he wasn't even in the ballpark of making the cut, based on his interview /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

His fault...not yours. As you already pointed out he didn't follow the instructions given to him.

Rene

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd agree, Would following directions be one of the biggest part of the test ???

4. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Seems to me that the third guy should not be considered for the position due to his inability to execute a simple task...imagine what he would have done on the job!

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Baaaahahahaha.....way to go Sara! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

in the words of red forman <font color="red">DUMB ASS</font color>
    not you the guy that did the test wrong

7. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Yeh, It turned out to be pretty hillarious, I will never live it down at work, they teased me all day about it. Claimed I was weeding out the people I didn't like. Oh well. You should have seen the guys face when i shred it! I figured out, he must have thought I was joking when I told him I would shred it for him! haha.. Jokes on him!
    He ended up doing a horrible job on the test anyway. And they didn't like his interview! Oh well.. I made everyones busy day of interviewing all day... a little funnier.

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

You think thats ruff, try pileing up a Corvette.

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Are you saying you piled up a Corvette while working? If so...we want details man!!!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

LOL, you nerd... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif That is funny. But really if dude is too stupid to figure out that his answers went on the test sheet then he got what he got....

With that being said... are you sure you need a ride to work Friday at 8am? I don't wanna get there and have you shred my car if I am late er something... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

11. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Nope, not me. But we do have two members of IWAC. (I Wrecked A Corvette)

Semi cut a turn too sharp and ran over the nose of one vette
    and the other guy hit a patch of black ice.

12. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Yeh I still need a ride to work Friday :-) My tranny pan came yesterday...
    I got here today and when my boss came in she said she told her husband what happened, he told her "she'd have a great future at Enron."
    I'm just glad my boss has a good sense of humor. My coworker said, "Man, you never **** up... but when you do, you do it BIG. And you get away with it!"

Other interesting thing this week:
    My coworker got hit by a Greyhound bus on Monday morning. She was crossing at the crosswalk at 8th and Q. Greyhound bus made a left hand turn into her, never stopped to make sure there were no pedestrians etc. Now that Employee is going to get in big trouble. He didn't even have the balls or heart to ask her if she was okay...All he kept saying was "there goes my job." She was thrown forward 4 feet and to the ground, he then almost ran over her. Lucky for her, he wasn't going too fast, and she survived.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My coworker got hit by a Greyhound bus on Monday morning. She was crossing at the crosswalk at 8th and Q. Greyhound bus made a left hand turn into her, never stopped to make sure there were no pedestrians etc. Now that Employee is going to get in big trouble. He didn't even have the balls or heart to ask her if she was okay...All he kept saying was "there goes my job." She was thrown forward 4 feet and to the ground, he then almost ran over her. Lucky for her, he wasn't going too fast, and she survived. &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Hope she'll be alright. Kind wish that would happen to me, I could really use the money, LOL. But I really wouldn't want to have somethinng like that happen just to get paid.

14. ChevyCaGal

Hey, was this around 10:30? I think someone from my office was talking about it cuz it's only 6 blocks from me and they drove by on their way to visit a school site...

15. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

No.. it was at 8:00 am.. Though a lot of people have been getting ran over over here lately. Did you see that guy that was killed last Friday night by an RT bus. Same situation, but that guy was thrown 40 feet, and hit his head and died /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Pretty sad. My coworker will be okay. She is pretty bruised up though.

16. ChevyCaGal

No I didn't see the dude nailed by RT. I saw a guy get nailed by a car last month trying to run across J Street. He ran out and I guess assumed they'd all stop.... he assumed wrong and wham! I think he lived but geez he was a bleeder *barf*..... WTF is up with people in this area not knowing how to cross the street. They just run right out there. Between that and the psycho bus drivers it's like a war zone to drive anymore...

17. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

My coworker was walking at the Crosswalk, with the "walk" sign on. The bus driver didn't stop and plowed through. The guy that got hit Friday night, was the same situation. One of the basketball players that plays across the street from my work in the park, got hit by a car 2 weeks ago was crossing without the crosswalk... but it is always the cars fault not, pedestrian, in that situation. 2 of my coworkers got $87.00 J-walking tickets for crossing at the crosswalk against a red, right after that happened.. this has made all of us very cautious, which is why my coworker had definitely waited for the "walk" sign... and still got nailed.

18. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well at least the guy was a dumba$$! I think even if he wasn't though you'd still be in the clear, He didn't follow directions first! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Twis' Have you wrecked any cars at work? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .............................................I HAVE! ever heard of a car they call, NSX? wanna see?

19. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I've stacked up a couple.

The first one,
    Repair Order says "Check for no brakes/hard pedal" (or something like that, it's been awhile)
    I ran out, test drove it around the lot. Seems O.K. to me. So, I'm thinking it's just the soft-pedal the G.M.s have, "No Problem Found". Went for a spin down the freeway, everything feels O.K. still... Untill I get to the off-ramp.
    I coasted down to a slow-speed stop, rideing the brakes, and the pedal falls out of it (not literaly, it went to the floor, bad master cyl.). I was able to pump it up enough to slow it down a bit, but I still tagged a motor-home in front of me.
    Had to put a grill and a hood (along with the master cyl.)on that one.

2nd one
    I'm flat-rate (in a hurry) and I jumped into this truck and took-off from the lot, slight increaseing left-hand turn and &gt;bam&lt; came to a dead stop, barking the rear tires. "WTF was that!", thought I caught something with the rear bumper. Rolled down the window and was going to look, then I noticed this BIG FRIGGIN LIGHT POST with my L/F fender wrapped aound it.
    The A-piller was in my line-of sight and totaly covered the light-post, so I didn't see it. (ya' ever notice how thick the A-pillers are on the C/K bodys?)

Haven't pilled one up in a quite awhile since, but there is all-ways tomorrow.

/forums/images/icons/blush.gif