Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I feel a little more secure, how about you? (A Happy Post)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyHuny, Sep 14, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Im sure you all have heard by now about the Alcada cell that was busted here in the US? That is part of why we were at a Code Orange this 9/11.

I just have to say that Im proud. I wonder how many lives were saved by that. There were all part of the Alcada network and some trained at Osama Bin Ladin's camps.

And the one man who was supposed to be one of those plans with the 9/11 hijackers was arrested today as well. We finally got em. The whole story and the details are at the link. It may interest those who care about everything that is going on in our country.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,63057,00.html

(you may have to copy and paste the whole thing since the board doesnt link the whole thing)

Im very happy about this, its just proves that SOMETHING is working out there and maybe we can rest a little bit easier tonight. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Its something to be HAPPY about, our guys and gals out there are doing their jobs and Im very proud of them. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

For those of you who wish to reply complaing that you have heard about 9/11 to much. Just click back, this is not just about 9/11 but things happaning in our country today that just might have saved your a**. If your not interested just click back. Im not FORCING this upon you and you know how to use the back button. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah I saw that on Fox News channel tonight. I also wonder if people know just how close to a confrontation with Iraq we are. It sounds as though it could come very soon as in a few weeks. Stratigic command for the middel east was just moved to I belive Qutar( I think thats how I heard it) Pres. Bush is taking the matter to Congress for support on milatary action and has already givin a list of UN resulutions broken by Iraq since the Gulf war. Saddam is within a year or less of having a nuculer bomb not to mention chemical and biological weppons and has been testing long range missles.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

NUKE THEM, NUKE THEM, NUKE THEM TIL THEY GLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO! FIGHT! WIN!

4. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Its a scary thing Corey but at the same time I think we all saw it comming. Now we finally have someone in control of our country who is accually doing something.

I have so much pride in our guys out there. Did you know that it only took 200 people to do everything we did in Afghanistan. Just 200 of our guys. They worked with some of the nativs there who have been fighting for years with the taliban. I watched a video where they were helping our soldiers and American weapons and ammo were attached to a Donkey. LOL It was a cute site and a real cool thing to see our guys working right next to theirs. Just 200 that took out talibans many thousand.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Lets not forget our Canadian and British friends.

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I have heard about our British friends but I dont recall anything about Canada. What are they doing?

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

There was more than just 200. There was that Ranger mission, then that firefight the 10th Mt. got into up in the hills where they almost got wiped up.

Unfortunately, I believe Afghanistan is just going to revert back to it's old ways. They've been doing nothing but fighting over there since God knows when. The only time when they unite is to fight an invader, and even then it's dicey. They kick out the invader and they go back to fighting each other.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

We fraticided some Canadians. They are going to hang the pilots that did that out to dry. Been on the news all day.

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

That is weird, I was watching a documentary on it and they said only 200 of our ..... at any rate I think its funny how fast we took care of it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

There are the good side and bad side to afgahnistan. I mean they have been fighting with the taliban for years and for years they have asked us for help. It was neat to see the celebrations from the women and children who could listen to music go to school and not wear clothes over their faces when the taliban was run out of each city.

But who knows how it will stay, for the good people over their I really hope it stays in good shape and they continue to have some sort of freedom. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

The problem with Afghanistan is the majority of the country is still in 1854. There are three things that I have been able to surmise that they do good. Grow opium, fight, and build AK-47s from scratch in a backyard shop.

They are very tribalistic over there and there are warlords who must control their own little piece of Heaven. They'll help each other out when it benefits them, such as when the Soviets came to town, but as soon as the common enemy is gone, then they go back to fighting each other. It's happening right now. Warlords are trying to topple the government, don't want the govt. in their area, so on and so forth.

11. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Well I guess it may never end over there. Unfortunatly for the few who would like peace and freedom. At least some of them got some good days after them and us cleared out Bin Ladins bed buddys. Its better then nothing I spose. I like there president, he seems to be up to par.

12. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Just to get back about being Happy about the busting of bad people here in the US I thought I would post one of my favorite, yet funny pictures. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

http://MandyDyer.com/HoleyWar.jpg

There is a bad word on the picture and I dont want to get REEMED for posting it here. SO if you just click the link the picture will pop up. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I don't feel any more secure. I guess I'm too pessimestic, but I think they just caught a lucky break and found 1 of a couple hundred needles in a hay stack. 1 went down, another takes it's place. Computer guys know what this means; Modern terrorism includes being redundant.
    Several planes were hijacked, not just one. They wanted to to succeed at least in a small way if all other planes failed.
    False confidence.

14. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Im not saying to feel totally better and completly secure noway. But one of the needles (and it only takes one little one to cause a whole mess of terror) was just taken down. I just wanted to give credit to those who are working hard everyday to try to keep us safe. That it just proves that SOMETHING is working and appreciate what we do get, not concentrate ALL the time on what we are not getting.

I feel a little better to know another bunch of people who are againts us is taken down. Its one less gun pointed at our head. It means allot to me that we have people working while we are sleeping to help us and try to protect us.

You never know that little needle in the haystack that was taken down could just have been the needle that hurt you and your family.

Thats all Im saying... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif