Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I feel dumber already...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tRustyK5, Oct 25, 2003.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Went to the dentist yesterday. Got 4 fillings and a wisdom tooth pulled. The dentist spent almost 40 minutes trying to pull the wisdom tooth and had to remove some bone before it finally loosened enough that it would come out. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

On Halloween I get another 5 fillings and a second wisdom tooth removed.

I am a true hater of dentists and haven't been in a long time mostly due to a bad experience with a previous dentist. Even with all the trouble getting the wisdom tooth out this dentist was very good.

I got out of there around 4:30 pm and the freezing finally wore off around midnight /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I think he got a little carried away making sure I wasn't gonna feel a thing.../forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

hey at least you are getting it taken care of /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i know how you feel i hate them as well /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

I don't mind going to the dentist (pain and all). The part I do not like is paying the feakin bill... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Dwoowing a wittle ah we? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

when I got my wisdom teeh pulled I got all 4 at once and I had both canines pulled the same day I was taking 4 vicidans every 3 hours for 4 days and only ate soup and mcdonalds shakes for a week and a half, I feel your pain ..................

6. tRustyK5

No drool, no swollen face and all I've taken for pain was 2 T3's yesterday.

I have 3 more wisdom teeth to be pulled and 11 or 12 more fillings...fortunately I have a decent dental plan so it hasn't cost me anything so far.

What'll prolly cost me some money is the 4 tooth bridge after all the rest is done. I look like a hockey player right now. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gifI thought my truck was a money pit...

Rene

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

May as well just have him pull all of your teeth and get you some "uppers and downers" and be done with it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

MmmmMMMmmmmm I like being gassed, what a lovely feeling /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. tRustyK5

I won't get em all pulled. The teeth I have are quite strong and with a bridge it'll all be good again.

Rene

10. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    MmmmMMMmmmmm I like being gassed, what a lovely feeling /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]When I got gassed the first time I told the dentist I would never waste Nitrous on a car ever again. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif My buddy had a HUGE bottle of medical grade nitrous at his shop. He said if he could fill his bottles wed just close the doors, open the valve and get all gassed up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Ive had 3 of my 4 wisdom teeth pulled so far. One at a freakin time. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif On the last one the hack I went to broke my lower jaw. Hurt like mad for 2 weeks! About 2 yrs later I had a bone chip come out of my gums. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I havent had the nerve to go back.

12. tRustyK5

My previous dentist decided it didn't hurt him at all to drill where it wasn't frozen...til i grabbed his 'junk' firmly and got his attention. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Never went back to that guy, and only recently was 'convinced' to go back by my wife. Ironicaly I never had a single cavity until I was in my early 20's. I did have a partial plate and that abraded the teeth it was up against causing the problems I have now. Once the first tooth broke off I kinda sorta stopped caring. Sorta like when your car gets really rusty, you stop washing and waxing it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

My new dentist was very patient and took the time to do what needed to be done before standing on my chest and breaking my jaw or something. He did have to remove some bone to get it loose enough though. 40 minutes for an extraction...and enough freezing to keep me numb for almost 8 hours after I left /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rene

13. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

The part I dont like is signing the waiver, "if when we yank your lower wisdom teeth, we accidently hit the nerve that runs between the roots, and it leaves your face paralized for the rest of your life, thats not our fualt.
    sign here ______________________"
    Then you get them pulled and your face is numb for the next 10 hours and you sit there wondering if maybe they hit the nerve and you will never feel your face again.

14. thatK30guy

Sorry Rene, read the title again and could not resist the urge to come back at ya with this one:

"Feel dumber already?"

Probably should be changed to "LOOK DUMBER ALREADY" from missing a few teeth. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]

and 11 or 12 more fillings...fortunately I have a decent dental plan so it hasn't cost me anything so far.

[/ QUOTE ]
    ehh, you might want to have a chat with Colgate . . . /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

it's ok. . . i got about 9

16. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Hey Rene,

Just remember Novicane does not stop pain, it delays it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. thatK30guy

I've only got 4 fillings my life time so far and no teeth pulled yet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. tRustyK5

[ QUOTE ]
    Just remember Novicane does not stop pain, it delays it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, but the pain you feel later is much more managable than the pain you'd have felt without the novacane in the first place.

I got a scrip for Tylenol 3's that I could probably have ived without. I've had 2 of them, one I took Friday and one Saturday morning. None so far today and it hardly hurts at all now.

Rene