Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I feel like a 12 year old schoolgirl

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MOABDADC22, Aug 25, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Well, almost two years after I traded my 90 K5 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif in on my Tahoe......... I am getting another K5 (that I plan on keeping for awhile).

I loaded my 72 Chevelle on a trailer and Tuesday, I am making a trip to Swanson52's (Who has been most excellent /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) house to trade for an 86 GMC Jimmy.

My wife thinks I am nuts because I am counting the hours (one day and a "wake up /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif) until I take delivery. She just doesn't understand the whole K5 thing /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. But you guys/gals do.
    Anyhow, just thinking out loud. I will get some pics on Tuesday and keep you posted.

P.S. A big THANK YOU to Swanson52 for being a good communicator and helping with the deal. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

right on congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Congrats on the deal and for making it back into the K5 fold....

As for the wife, just tell her "It's a K5 thing...you don't YET understand" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It would be cool to see some pics of the two of you meeting up and exchanging the vehicles....and of course everyone WISHES they had taken more "before" pictures when they start a project.....so don't fall into that old trap...

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

Congrats! I just traded my 83 'burb to Gokartergo for an 86 K5. We drove all the way to Barstow to do it (8 hours for me). I couldn't be happier being back in a K5. The burb was nice, but K5's have their own appeal!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My girlfriend understands! After taking her to the 4wd show this weekend, she wants me to buy a Blazer and build it up for my dd.

She says, "I like the Blazers. More room than a truck, shorter than a Suburban, and not as ugly as a Bronco, build me one and paint it pink." I was like holy shi* WHAT?????

Sound like I found a keeper or what?

6. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I'd say so!

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What... I don't understand. You traded your 72 chevelle for a 86 k5? I feel like im taking crazy pills! That 86 better have 1 tons and 44's! That chevelle is pimp!! I woulda traded you too!

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you don't understand you need to sell your Blazer to me. I don't understand what you don't see about a truck being a lot more fun than a 4000+ lb car.

9. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

Congrats on the new Jimmy. That's how I felt after I got my '87 Blazer wrecked beyond repair (thanks mr. drunk driver) and found my '88 Jimmy and bought it. It was the same color in and out (even had the same chrome tube grill), so everyone thought I had fixed the Blaze... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    What... I don't understand. You traded your 72 chevelle for a 86 k5? I feel like im taking crazy pills! That 86 better have 1 tons and 44's! That chevelle is pimp!! I woulda traded you too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say I agree, A chevelle is classic especially an SS. They are getting rare! K5's are everywhere and cheap to buy. Don't get me wrong I love my( and other) K5's, thats why I built a truck instead a car. Although there is nothing like slamming the little peddle down to the floor in a seriously pumped up chevelle or camaro with a 496, 502, etc. 600+HP big block. I plan on pro streeting a 67' chevelle SS or 69' Camaro SS as soon as I finish the K5 /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

85K5 3/4ton,14boltFF,10bolt,9"lift, 35"boggers,16.5x14 welds, big horse 406SBC/700R4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and not as ugly as a Bronco

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

MOABDADC22 -

If it was a 70 Chevelle, then you might be crazy. Everybody knows the cut off date for classic Chevelle's is 1970. You got the better end of that trade IMO.

12. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

I don't even understand the K5 thing /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif But it sure beats payments on a $15k "newer" SUV that I wouldn't want scratched.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Although there is nothing like slamming the little peddle down to the floor in a seriously pumped up chevelle or camaro with a 496, 502, etc. 600+HP big block.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...but I personally would rather have the Camaro or a Nova with that wild big block than a Chevelle. There is simply too much weight there for me. If you like a big car and you still want to go fast though there's nothing wrong with a Chevelle.

14. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have to say I agree, A chevelle is classic especially an SS.

[/ QUOTE ] I still have the <font color="red"> Red 71 SS </font> , I traded the <font color="green"> Green 72 SS CLONE </font>

I am totally stoked with the trade /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I had so much fun with my other K5. Anyhow, I will get some pics tomorrow and throw them up here for all to see. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I am totally stoked with the trade /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and that is all that matters /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

16. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am totally stoked with the trade

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It was great dealing with Bob, and I think we both ended up with what we want. I am very happy with the deal. Thanks, Bob! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Glad you're happy with the trade! And good luck with the K5

On a side note, I PMed you a while ago and you never got back to me, am I hated that much? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, again, good luck

18. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Although there is nothing like slamming the little peddle down to the floor in a seriously pumped up chevelle or camaro with a 496, 502, etc. 600+HP big block.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...but I personally would rather have the Camaro or a Nova with that wild big block than a Chevelle. There is simply too much weight there for me. If you like a big car and you still want to go fast though there's nothing wrong with a Chevelle.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I agree Chevelles are heavyer and I want a 69' camaro over the chevelle but 69's are getting very expensive and I would definantly settle for a 67' chevelle with a blown 496 big block and 33's( street slicks) out back. I think the big cars look better tubbed than the smaller bodied cars... Can't wait till I can haul my pro streeted camaro or chevelle with my chromed out show K5 to the track. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

85K5 3/4ton,14boltFF,10bolt,9"lift, 35"boggers,16.5x14 welds, big horse 406SBC/700R4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif