Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I figured out what I'm buying>>

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by Burt4x4, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I figured out what I\'m buying>>

Sorry I had to tell someone, my yuppie Co-workers just don't get excited about Tow Rigs /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Alison 4x4 LS Drk Grey/Drk Grey cloth Crew Cab standard box tinted windows
    YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATOWRIG!!!

If I can't find it local then my contact at the dealership will order one /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Can't wait....

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: I figured out what I\'m buying>>

Excellent!!

You will LOVE it! Congrats!

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Welcome to the club, your gonna love it! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YaaHoo I'm part of yet another club /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Thanks Guys!!
    I just got back from my lunch break, I went over to the local Chevy store and sat in an 04 crewcab with the cloth and drk grey, it was a gasser but I just wanted to sit in a crew cab with cloth..Me like Yesterday I sat in a GMC leather crewcab this one was an 05, very nice as well. In fact too nice for my countryass /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I sarted thinking of my duck hunting buddies climbing in after a days hunt on the river and in the rain /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Ok get the cloth and if I have to, I can get leather down the road /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    THis is going to be used as a truck not date night so all the perrty stuff is not useful to me. Hell the cloth is pleanty nice anyway /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    I'm gonna have nightmares until I get this damn thing... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

5. BadDog

I don't like the feel of leather, but one thing I gotta say about it is that it cleans up easy. I've had mud, dirt, and even pine sap on my seats with no problem cleaning. Pine sap came from sitting on my trailer tying down the truggy. Boards had been setting in the sun and leaked out several puddles which I and my son sat in before climbing in the truck. I would hate to see pine sap on the cloth seats. Just a thought...

As for nightmares, I bought mine off the lot after a "24 hour test drive". /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Too impatient to order one.

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahaha ya sap is nasty stuff.
    Well they have an 05LT on their lot now...just that It may be more than what I have to spend /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    My company is part of the GM Suplier program so i do get some kind of discount from that but I don't know how much?
    Great now I'm back on the fence /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifhehehe only between the LS & LT so no worries /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    What ever I can get into I will /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Right on! I would get leather if it was me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I agree with Russ. Leather seats are much better if your gonna be gettin' dirty. Cloth seats will look like poop once you get a few stains on them. That said, I also don't like the way leather feels...hot in the summer and cold in the winter....although I guess the cold part doesn't matter if you get the heated seats....oh well....nice choice.

One Question: Why don't you wait for the new SRW 3500s???

9. BadDog

Ahhhh, heated seats..... VERY nice after getting caught on the trail for hours with various broken rigs, after rain blows in and drops the temps 20* or so, and you have nothing but a t-shirt n jeans in 60* temps, moderate wind, and soaked to the bone...

That was Upper Hell last BB and those heated seats were worth the cost of the entire truck that evening... But I missed out on Rob's adventure driving back to town 10 miles away in an open top K5 and no wipers. I was SO jealous... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Tony and I got lost trying to get back to his dually in his no windshield, no top contraption, I think I was on the verge of frost bite /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

11. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

I take delivery of my new 2005 Dmax on wednesday Order one in, thats what i did, its the best way to get exactly what you want.

12. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tony and I got lost trying to get back to his dually in his no windshield, no top contraption, I think I was on the verge of frost bite /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a "rain coat" should be added to the list if required offroad equipment. At least a trash bag, then you can just stick your head and arms through it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Okee Doekee Boys, I am thinkin LT now..I actually found one an 05LT
    I can get it for 42K the sticker is 47K..I hope to go look at it today...
    Oh and I found out the 05 has a slightly different grill, more of a larger honeycomb look to it.
    I'll keep you posted
    Burt

14. BadDog

Yeah, they changed the grill and the hood line over the grill. And the hood has a bit more "dome" like the 01-02 Chevy hoods. There are some pics in one of the other threads...

15. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

OK Cool, it is hard to 'find' the changes unless an 04 is next to an 05.

So BIG NEWS for me is that the 05 LT I found on the buypower web site at a dealer near me is actually not at the dealer yet, it is due there in the begining of Sept. wich is a good thing cuz no one can buy it until it lands at the dealership AND the delership has aggred to "Put My Name On It" YYYYYEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA05Duramax!!
    Basically it is:
    05 2500HD LT Duramax\Alison 4x4 Drk Gray Metalic\Drk Gray Leather.
    Any idea what brand/make of tire GM uses that is called On/Off Road tire? It is the 55.00 upgrade from the 'standard' tire...any one know?
    It has thoes the Skid Plates, Locker 3.73s, HD trilering,tinted windows,XM,OnStar, Power retractable mirrors, etc....
    I'm getty as a schol boy in front of 10 naked women!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    YYYYYEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
    tick tock tick tock..... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. BadDog

Hmmph, and I thought you would have been a little more excited that that... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Congrats, hope it works out well and quickly.

Sounds a lot like mine, which came with forged aluminum wheels and Firestones, but that was an '02. Mine was "fully loaded" except for the lack of a CD changer...

17. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    I have to maintain or I'll freak out /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    This is my background now... LOL~
    [​IMG]
    Drk Charcoal /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

SWEET!

That's the same color I have. You'll like it alot.

As far as the tires. They are Bridgestone Duravis. They look like this.

[​IMG]

Again, Congrats!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool! Thanks!
    Alot better than the bone stock tire.
    I am calm...staying calm.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

20. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

COME ON BURT, GET EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNEEEEWWWWWTTTRRRUUUCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

You know you want to.....let it out........ /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

By the way... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif