Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I FINALLY GOT MY SWAMPERS!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Nov 2, 2001.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

they are the gods of tires!! my dad took my suburban to "get the brake lines installed" and when he got home, there were my tires that i waited 5 weeks for!! they were shipped from Colorado to LA and then to vegas. well they sat in LA for about two weeks and the guys at my local 4WPW didn't know what was going on with em. well they're here now, so i'm happy. from inside the truck they hum, outside they roar it's awesome! well now i have to cut my fenders. saws-all or die grinder? guess i need to change my signature now.

donate to the "Build Scott's Suburban Foundation"
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift soon to be rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

2. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Did you get the straight Swampers, or radials, SX's, etc? Let me know how they handle. What kind of tires did you run before?

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

3. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

Cool ...........

<font color=red>A BIG HAMMER CAN FIX ANYTHING.... </font color=red>[​IMG]

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i got super swamper TSLs, 36x12.50-16.5s, no fancy (expensive) SSRs or radials for me just plain ol' bias plied TSLs. they handle very nicely actually, i used to have stock sized 31" all terrains and the swampers ride smoother.

SWAMPERS RULE!!
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift finally rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

5. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Gotta love that. I've been considering Swamper SX's just for the toughness, instead of a really quiet ride and better handling, this gives me hope.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton