Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I fixed it

Discussion in 'Audio' started by zach78k5, May 16, 2001.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

well i didnt fix it but the good guys replaced the sub. i think it was the voice coil. i bought a used clearance sub and the warranty replaced it with a brand new in box sub. good deal.

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Re: My sub just stopped working!!!!

what type of sub is it? What amp do you have pushing it.... as for figureing out what went wrong... start at your wires from the amp to the sub... then check the wires inside your box.. if everything connected correctly you can also take a 9 volt battery and put positive to positive and neg to neg and see if the sub jumps at all.. if it doesnt and you have made sure the wires goin to the sub are connected correctly then more then likely the voice coil in the sub burned up on you... there are a couple of other tests you could do.. if you want to know more let me know... but that should give you a good idea....

Prembird

If it aint loud then turn it up!

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Re: My sub just stopped working!!!!

Some amps have separate fuses for each output or each pair of outputs. Maybe you blew the fuse for the sub output and the fuse for the speakers is OK. Check your fuses.

Also, if it wasn't properly secured, the extreme vibrations, could cause the wires to come loose and make a bad contact. Check everything carefully. Sometimes it's easy to miss the obvious, so double check.

<font color=blue>//////
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://blazer79.coloradok5.com>http://blazer79.coloradok5.com</A>
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]