Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I found out the history of my truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Jun 23, 2000.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I just may have found out WHY my brakes smell soo much like pork. According to the documents in the glove compartment of my truck, the first owner(s) of my truck was/were the Department of Natural Resources: Natural Resources Police in Maryland. My truck was a cop! Later on, my truck was bought by the guy I bought him from. The guy got it painted, dents fixed and rust holes filled.I have the recipts for it and everything. I honestly think finding the history of your truck, in the truck, is awesome. It explains soo much (like why my truck is an auto, but everything else wasn't factory power equip). Just thought I should share that. I was soo excited. I also found the delivery date, Dec 11th, 1986. That shall be Porky's birthday from now, untill I can find the date he rolled off the assembly line.

http://billybob.coloradok5.com
    It's all fun 'n games, till someone gets stuck.

2. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

My sister-in-law just bought an 89 shortbox regular cab pick up with 4wd, 350, and 70,000 original miles. The body is in immaculate shape. No rust, always waxed, topper...painted to match, and a plow that is like brand new...the guy even waxed it! The interior is immaculate and when you look under the bed mat.....there isn't even a scratch that is threw to primer. Power everything. IN the glove box is every single record from the day it was bought at the dealership. Every oil change, tire rotation, part piece that was replaced....even recall fixes. This guy took excellant care of this vehicle. Makes my 89 blazer look like it should be @ a junk yard! got it for a good price too. I wish every vehicle I've owned was like that.....having the records makes life a lot easier.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

3. James

James 1/2 ton status

Yah, I bought my 73(full convt hahaha) back in 83. I am the 3rd owner. Never even considered the history being to excited at the price and condition when I bought it. After getting home that day and the excitement wore off. Went thru all the paper work. Had orig owners manual and every oil change, tuneup, etc maintenance, truck washings(just joking)documented. Could not beleive it though. A real dream come true. I always joke with my wife and tell my 3 proudest achievements 1 being best

1) the birth of my son in 85
    2) the purchase my 73k5 in 83
    3) our marriage also in 83

73k5 lover forever
    James

4. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

James you better put number 3 at number 2 or wife will get mad[​IMG][​IMG].

[​IMG]Inline 6's make a lot of noise[​IMG]