Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I found the car I want

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Today I helped a friend of mine find his car that was towed recently... We found it at Lincoln Valley Auto Salvage... So we went back to his house to get the key so we could get his stuff out of the car, and he's gonna just leave the car there to die /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So we came back but the guy we needed to talk to wasn't there, so we decided to wait. We also decided to go walk around the yard and see what kind of cars were out there... So we're looking and crawling over cars and trying not to die. I saw a few dead K5's, several Scout 80/800's, 2 Scout II's, and my friend started fiddling around with a Cavalier. It almost started with the key that was in the ignition, and while he was doing that I walked over and looked at a 50's International pickup. I turned around and looked over to the East of an old Volvo, and saw the unique and distinct rear end of an Impreza /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif So I went closer hoping I was wrong and there are cars I don't know about that look like Impreza's. So I climbed over the Volvo, carefully trying not to knock over a car that was balanced on top of another, and found the rest of the Impreza.

I got in and looked around in the glove box and found the owner's manuals and stuff, it's a 93, AWD, 5 speed, power everything, the body is PERFECT except a few missing badges and a messed up front bumper. It needs two new tires too. So I'm thinking this is the most awesome thing ever because I've been wanting to find a cheap 93ish Impreza, and I thought maybe I could get this thing towed to my house cheap and play around with stuff till it decides to run. My friend and I went back to the office and asked about it, and the guy said that once the cars go out in the yard they stay for a while so people can buy parts, then they go to the crusher. The worst part is they won't sell whole cars, only parts /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So there goes my cool idea of the day... Tomorrow we're going back to see the guy we needed to see today, and I'm gonna take the camera and get some pics of it... If I can't buy it I at least want pictures /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So tell the guy You need a big part like a 93 Impreza. Acctually Like a lot of yards they cant sell a car unless they have the paper work on it. Or if they want to mess with doing a lein on it. As it is if they sell some good parts off the car and get money for the scrap metal which is at around $37 a lbs right now they have a lot less paper work and less headaches.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah... I had a cool idea a few minutes ago, maybe I could find a cheap one somewhere that runs but just needs some body or interior work... This one at the junk yard is in excellent shape, it really doesn't go with the theme of the junk yard... If you replace the 2 flat tires and put a new front bumper on it, you'd have yourself a mint-looking Subaru... making it run might be a challenge though, who knows what's wrong with it to make someone abandon it to just be taken to a junk yard... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif