Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I found..

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confedneck, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

a 2wd OLD chevrolet, no year listed on it that i could find, for sale

the vin is
    CE148S145579

its 2wd, 6 lug and automatic, looks like a 350, has headers, intake, holley carb, nice chrome edelbrock valve covers and a fresh aerosol overhaul on the motor.. truck looks and seems really solid, i called the guy for a price.. can anyone elaborate more on it, or where to look for trouble spots for me? it says "custom" on the doors right below the window and has a bowtie with "10" below them on each front fender..

tia

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

C = 2wd
    E = V8
    1 = 1/2 ton
    4 = pickup
    8 = 1968
    S = St. Louis assembly plant
    145579 = 45,579th unit built

Look for rust in the rockers and floors....may not be an issue in FL. Other than that, it is pretty straight forward. It probably had or has a 307 or 327, if original. The tranny is probably a TH350 and rear diff would be a 12 bolt. Sounds like a decent truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Looks like it is a '68 1/2 ton built in St. Louis.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/Chevyear.html

I think that "custom" was the base model. Watch for rust in the cab corners,lower doors,drip rails & floor boards - especially near the kick panels. If the truck is gold, it may be an anniversary edition and worth more. But I'd join the message board on 67-72chevytrucks.com and you'll get more info. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Confedneck

well it has no a/c, definately a 12 bolt...
    if the guy ever calls back i might offer him 500$ for it.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Confedneck

its gold and white, or used to be gold and white.. im still waiting for a return call.. the 6 lug 2wd is what through me for a loop.. when did gm stop using that?

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    its gold and white, or used to be gold and white.. im still waiting for a return call.. the 6 lug 2wd is what through me for a loop.. when did gm stop using that?

[/ QUOTE ]

1968 was the 50th anniversary of the Chevy truck, so there were special "50th Anniversary Editions" that had a unique gold and ivory paint scheme. Like bouncytruck said, they are a bit more valuable. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

GM trucks went to 5-lugs in 1/2 ton 2wds in 1971 with the introduction of front disk brakes. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif 4X4's retained the 6-lugs. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. Confedneck

well i just talked to the guy
    its a 1968, original 327 truck, has a 350 now, less than 2 years old, says its been sitting in his backyard and he finally decided to sell it since his wife couldnt drive it, no P/S and all..
    he got the truck out of texas, he even named the town but i forgot

he wants 1500$.. i dont have 1500$ and he doesnt want a 4wd 1986 because his wife cant drive a stick either.. DANGIT MAN!!

8. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

1500 bucks...hmmmm....It must be in really good shape to be asking that much also the 327 has been transplanted....Ive run into 67-72 trucks in good shape 2wd with V8's for around 500 to a 1000 with no rust...

Also Im sure one of you guys know this but Ive never seen a turbo 350 in a 67-72 2wd come that way originally....Ive always seen them with turbo 400's is that because 2wd V8's only came with turbo 400's....hmmmmm

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Only ever seen th350s in 2wds, even less th400s.....

10. Confedneck

the truck is amazingly pretty nice, aside from a missing door panel on the passenger side, missing the bottom/back half of the glovebox (you open the door and see firewall), a missing rear bumper, faded paint, the cardboard/duct tape over the evaporator hole in the firewall and the small amount of body work it may have had done on the pass side of the cab right behind the door.. id say the truck is worth 1500$.. i would trade him straight up for my 86 4wd for it, but he has no interest.. oh well..

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

lol about the th350 th400 thing

the th350 did not come out in anything other than camaros until 69, in 69-up vehicles including these trucks could have a th350 or a th400,

anything before 69 was th400 or powerglide, and powergilde was still available in trucks through at least 72 and ive seen some still around although mostly all behind 250 engines. the last oen with 250 and powerglide i saw was a rusted out junk shape black 68 custom 10 longfleet, still ran, but unrestorable without getting new cab bed clip and all,