Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I freaked out some local kids tonight...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Apr 2, 2006.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I went up to our equipment site tonight around 10pm to check on some equipment that failed a test friday. I opened the main gate and left it open, as usual, drove in, then opened the gate around the buildings. I went in and did some work in the buildings for about 20 minutes. I finished, locked up the buildings and the building gates, and got in the car, swung the headlights around the surrounding acreage (which is all wooded, so a pointless effort), and drive up to the main gate.
    As I approached the gate, I saw taillights backed up to where the gate would be if it were closed. I saw it was an Explorer, which the county PD has many of, and figured "Cool, the local cops saw the gate open and sat here to see what was up. They must know about our vandal problem, or a nieghbor called them."
    Then I see a white civic next to it, and the Exploder is a regular/"civilian" truck. I came up behind them and was going to get out and go ask them to get the frig out of the legal ingres/egress of private property, but they must have been doing something shady, cause when my headlights came into sight, the civic started up and shot away, then the Explorer did also.
    I came out and locked up the gate, then picked up a notebook they dropped.

I drove around the block, and from across a side street, saw them both following each other. I got behind and started following them. They started making odd turns and circling through neighborhoods to see if I was following them, then getting spooked.
    They split up and I followed the exploder, and started flashing my headlights at him and motioning to pull over. He kept going, , I whipped up next to him at a stop sign, so he started blowing stop signs and I'm betting freaking out, til he came to a big intersection and stopped (which I'm glad of, I would have felt terrible if he drove in and crashed). I came up next to him and blocked his turn, then waved the notebook out the window.
    R: "You guys dropped this back there, I just wanted to return it to you."
    T: "Huh? What do you mean? Gee, what is that?"
    R: "It's one of your ntoebooks. You dropped when you took off from the site back there."
    T: "Ohhh, yeah, that does look like our notebook" Gets out to come over to get it.
    R: "You guys can't hang out up there. I need immediate access at all times, not to mention the fire department. If one of you parked there and then for some reason couldnt' get your car started to get out of the way, you'd be in legal trouble"
    T: "Ok, thanks. You really scared us there, we didn't know why you were following us."
    R: "I just wanted to make sure I had the right people. You freaked out so I knew I had the right people. Have a good night."

A few minutes down the road, next to them at a light:
    R: "By the way, I'd appreciate if you guys didn't leave blunt wrappers all over the place. I don't care what you smoke, but don't make such a mess."
    T: "Sir, I don't know what you're talking about."
    R: "Ok, well just avoid hanging out up there."

They'll talk about that for years. I know when me and my buddy got chased, we talked about it for a long time. Then we did it to someoen else, totally scared the crap out of them... We ended that one by getting out and walking up to them at a light and saying "Hey, what's up man. Just wanted to say hi. See you later."
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

:thumb: Great story...

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice. You need to carry chainsaw and ease up behind them one night. Trust me, they will s**t themselves trying to get away.;)

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Now that's a great April's Fool!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I'm actually getting one for tree trimming around lines there over the summer. That's a great added benefit... :waytogo:

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you big meeny.RATCH i didn'y know you were the fuzz.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

He was probably wearing that helmet again. I would be scared too.

8. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

funny story, friday night in my buddies driveway having a bonfire when this same jeep drives by 4 or 5 times (I guess I really don't understand...). On his last time by he chucks a pop can at my friends car. So without hesitation a buddy and I jump in my truck and take off. To make a long story short we caught up to him in another neighborhood, block him in when he was going to turn, scared the **** out of him and made him come back and apologize to my friend. This kid was going to piss his pants. And he was drunk so he was afraid we called the 5-0.

9. boggerless

thats true.:haha: :haha: WHO IS THAT MASKED MAN????

10. boggerless

i love it.make the youngens learn.:bow:

11. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

Hahaha funny thing was we were both about the same age. I can see why they didn't want to fight (they were hippys, 5 out of the 6 guys there are football players close to 200 pounds or more). :haha::haha::haha::haha:

12. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Thats an awesome story. I'm surew they'll talk about it for a looong time. :haha: