Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I get a 72 Tomorrow

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sarazk5, Sep 20, 2002.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I'll have to start posting here. I pick up my 72 Custom10 K5 tomorrow :-) I am soo happy the blazer I am getting is my mom's old blazer that originally made me like these trucks. I grew up with this truck and it is coming back to me. My parents had sold it to my brother in law, and he has to sell it now... so it is coming to where it has been wanted forever :-)

2. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

sweet! gotta post some pics.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Right ON!!!!!
    That is KillerDiller!!!
    Are you gonna wheel it of restore it?
    If you wheel it you will be amazed how well our first gens do on the trail!! Can you tell I love mine!!?? heheheee
    Congrats!

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sounds like Burts giddy with the "Rubicon Fever".....

Better go home early today and take care of that "illness"! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup!! hmm leavig early?? what a great idea!!!hehehehe

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

BADASS!!!! You'll love it no matter what you decide to do with it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Right on! 1st gens RULE!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Congrats! Welcome to the 1st gen. club, where we all know that we are a little cooler /forums/images/icons/cool.gif than the 2nd gen owners.

8. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks.. I am soo excited.. Like i said this is the truck that made me like Blazers in the first place. My parents bought this truck when i was like 5 years old from the original owner. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. It was copper, and had chrome side pipes on it. It was very loud. I could hear my parents coming home from miles away. Of course it changed over the years and got warn out and mufflers put on it, but I always wanted the truck. I'm so glad that it is finally coming to me. I have waited 22 years, if you count from when I was a kid. I used to sit in the truck and pretend i was driving it etc. I go get it tonight. It has a fresh motor in it, he says it puts out about 375 Hp. From what I know it is a LT1 motor with Fuelli heads. Steal crank, forged pistons etc. It has electronic ignition, 4" lift, 35's, houndstooth interior. He had the fenders and inner fender wells all replaced. Has a brand new grill on the front. 4.11s in the rear. All the body bushings, mounts etc have been replaced. The only thing he has not had redone was the transmission, which I will need to have rebuilt, or find another th350. He said the one in it slips when it gets hot. I will be taking my alcoa's and Goodyear MTR's off my beast and putting them on this. Putting his rims/tires on the 79. Shawn is taking over my 79... so all of his work in it hasn't gone to waste. Nor all of the money we have put into it so far. I am definitely coming out ahead. Luckily for Shawn, I have good taste haha. Next year you can expect the Blazer and Jimmys at Blazerfest! My license plate on the 72 will be SARAZK5 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Sweet!!!
    That is way Cool!!
    Keep it forever!!
    Later
    Burt

10. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Sara, that's awesome! I, too have the '72 from my childhood. Dad bought it new, and sold it to my uncle who sold it back to me. Dad bought a '73 new back then and still has his, too. Enjoy! I sense some trips to Tahoe and Yosemite!

11. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Awesome, keep us posted on the progress. I love my 69 with all of its querks. Hopefully I'll have the body back on the frame and looking good by the spring.
    Welcome to the addiction!

12. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Well we picked it up last night. To my disapointment, my brother in law really let it go downhill the last two years. We are going to have to put a lot of work into it. First need to find some new doors. At least there is no rust on it. I need to find a new hard top for it also, or just get a soft top. But also after driving it, I won't be able to make it my daily driver instead of my Jimmy... so Shawn is taking the 72 for him. The motor is way too much for me. Cam is superphat! The truck just sits there and rumbles. No way i could drive it to work everyday. My 79 is warm and comfy...my engine is comfortable to me. So at least I sorta still have it with him getting it. Will be our weekend warrior. He has a company truck so he doesn't have to worry about driving it to work etc. Guess he'll be posting here now! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

13. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

WOOHOO! New ride and a new victim,
    ***Evil laugh inserted here***
    Come my 1st gen brothers & sisters, we have work to do! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Welcome Shawn! (ever read the Steven King book Christene)hehe.