Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I give it a thumbs up- Mud Course Pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 19, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

As usual, everyone I know cancelled on me to go with and check out a new event over in Moses Lake, Wa.

So, I went alone to see what it was all about. (Well, met up with some relatives over there and went to it with them).

I have to say, it was a good event, even though it was fairly small. 5 mud holes lined out in a circular course. 5 teams of 3 rigs, randomly selected from a pot. Each team started at a hole, and had to get each vehicle through before moving on to the next hole.

Teams could pass other teams as long as they stayed within the boundaries of the holes/pits (without interfering with the other teams progress).

These mud holes were really good. I didn't enter (since I was there to take pictures and I only had the Blue Blazer with 35's) I didn't feel like being the one that was dragging a team down.

And the club that put it on, the Sand Scorpions, even had a BBQ and food for everyone when it was over. Plus I got to go roam around the mud flats and sand dunes of Moses Lake.

Though I saw a few things go on that weren't the safest, overall everyone was very cooperative, encouraging, helpful, and courteous of each other. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Pics coming in a bit.

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Re: I give it a thumbs up

I lived there for a while when I was a kid. Intersesting to hear of the town. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mountainexplorer

Here are the pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My relative's '79 Jimmy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Delbert's Blazer... I'd tell you those axles you see are ones he got from me... but you can't see them.
    [​IMG]
    And me venturing onto a not-so-solid island later on in the evening.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

looks like an awesome time!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Thats some nastey lookin mud! I like the consept(sp?) of the challenge too. Hey how far is moses lake from portland? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. mountainexplorer

Well, from Portland... however long it takes to get to Spokane minus two hours. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif