Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I give up...72 Blazer for sale

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rudycentral, Aug 18, 2005.

1. rudycentral

rudycentral Registered Member

Well, got some bad news today. After Months of prep, work, blood, and $$$ I found out that the motor I installed has a horrible knock coming from the bottom end. This was a 10 year old motor build, but only had about 700 miles on it and worked great before.

I have my 2nd child on the way an need to off load this long term project in favor of spending time with my family.

I really do not want to part with it, but I only have so much time and not enough $$$ to pay for the total fix.

I had the trans totally rebuild, Transfer case was went over and the front output gear and shift fork was replaced. The body is in pretty good shape, but there is some rust (of course).

I have the original motor in the garage - it ran before I took it out.
    You can check out some older images here: http://home.comcast.net/~rudycentral/72K5CST/72K5CST1.htm

I am looking to swap the old motor back in before selling it.
    PM me if you are interested. I am North of Detroit, MI. and will work with buyer for shipping/pickup.

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

just a bump, nice looking truck.

3. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, really nice.

What are you asking for it?

4. rudycentral

I bought it for 5500 from some dude in nebraska. I had about 1000 in transmission (totally rebuilt) and transfer case work done to fix broken stuff. I just need to recover most of the cost... About 6500 should do.
    If I can get this I will re-install the old motor and make sure it is working before the final sale. Otherwise I will take a few hundred more off if you take it without a motor or transmission installed but coming with the truck.
    I just need to get my blown motor out - I need the parts in it for future projects.

Let me know.

5. rudycentral

Sold

Sold it to a guy here in MI. I beleive I must have broken a record on time to sell. I posted it here and som guy called me note even 12 hours later. Came looked and bought.

Thanks to all who helped me here on this board! You guys really helped me when I needed it.

I am keeping my eye on the market for a finshied first gen body, maybe sometime next year.