Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got $82.10 for my K5 !!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ugly_blazer, Jun 1, 2004.

1. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I hauled my K5 to the scrap yard and got <font color="green"> $82.10 </font> for it and some other junk!!!
    [​IMG]

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

What are they paying for scrap there? It's up to $100 per ton here now! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ton of what? a k5 body is mostly tin, its not #1 grade steel. I could see $100 for a load of number 1. I've got a good load of stuff going off in the next day or so, hopefully tomorrow. Let you know what I get for it. should be all #1.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Why did you throw it away, well what happened to it?

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if memory serves hes puting on a truck cab and going truggy

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A ton of any scrap steel. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif They drop it to $85-90 per ton if you bring in a whole vehicle, to account for the plastic, rubber, etc.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    if memory serves hes puting on a truck cab and going truggy

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh neat /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Scrap around here is only $40.00 a ton. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif The blazer was filled with scrap and so was the freezer on the back. The blazer wasn't really safe anymore because only two of the body bolts were doing anything to hold it on, gotta' love livin' in the rust belt! I've got a pick-up cab on the K5 frame mounted about 12" farther back than stock, lightened up a lot.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Scrap prices here went up to 60 a ton a few months ago,now they only give 45 a ton for cars,light iron almost worthless,we are lucky they dont charge us to leave it!
    I scrapped 1200 lbs of old mowers and small engines,got 12 bucks--not even enough for the gas to get it there and a cup of coffee--not to mention all the work(my truck doesnt have a dump body,and they are usually too busy to unload you with the magnet trackhoe ). /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    If I could get 100 a ton,I think I'd drive all my trucks to the crusher--sick of paying 130 bucks a month for insurance on 4 trucks that are always in need of something.Cant afford to drive them much anyway,with fuel prices the way they are!~. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

10. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I'll give ya' 100 bucks a ton for your running trucks... no problem... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif