Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got a car free!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Mar 20, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I went to a concert last night--Rhonda Vincent and the Rage,a bluegrass artist and her band(for those of you who havent heard of her,she is the #1 female vocalist in bluegrass for the past 5 years in a row,and recently won numerous awards for entertainer of the year and many others!)--any way,I've been a big fan of hers for many years--I often post on her message board,and she also does too,and she is very good to her fans about meeting her after shows for autographs,etc..A sweet lady,and VERY attractive too!;)

.I had posted often about my many trials and tribulations trying to get to her concerts in my old heaps or my mothers old caravan..this time the caravan had a huge bubble and warped tread in the rear tire,and I had to drive it 130 miles to get my sister friday so she could go with me--barely got it home before it blew,5 more miles we would have been walking!!!(if not dead from losing control next to a lot of 18 wheelers!:frown1: )--so I had to scramble to get new tires before the concert yesterday--luckily I found a local store with a mechanic on duty til 8:30 pm,and the had a sale ,buy 3 get the 4th one 1/2 price!(thankgod for VISA!:D )as I had little cash on me..Since I had planned to use her van due to better gas mileage,and had already filled the tank up--using my truck wasn't an option..I had to get hers "re--tired"...:(

I had posted on her message board I had to get tires,and said too look for me at the show!--little did I know she was reading the posts before her show!

It was just before intermission when she announced my name!!--She said "are you here??--did you make it"??--I was SHOCKED!!--she asked me to come up on the stage !!--I was about ready to faint!--she asked me to remove my coat and hat,and asked me to put on a t-shirt she handed me--I thought "oh,wow,I got a free t-shirt with her name and logo on it"--but when I looked down,it was nothing like the ones for sale in the lobby!--I was very confused!!:confused:

She had me turn around and show the audience the shirt--It was a shirt advertising a local car dealer!--she read the name of the place--and handed me the keys to a 1995 Ford :blush: Contour!!:D :D --I could not believe It!!--I was so suprised!!--I must have looked like a boob up there babbling to find the right words to say! (and I was also waiting to hear SMILE--Your On Candid Camera!--but it was for real!!)-

-I was flabbergasted--she gave ME a CAR!!!:eek1: :eek1: :cool1: (I admitted I was a chevy man,but I wasnt biased against fords,I simply had never owned one before!!--she said I could trade it in if I wanted to for a different vehicle,but I'd never do that--I still am in shock over the whole incident!! It was like I was dreaming as we walked out to the parking lot and checked it out after the show--its 10 years old,but looks like new,and is in very good shape--and it has BRAND NEW TIRES!!:laugh:

It still hasnt sunk in fully yet!!--I shake just thinking about it!!

I had wanted to go to her show today in CT--but I screwed up--it was a 2:15 pm,I thought it was tonite:frown1: --and I had no tickets,and no answer when I called the venue--so I'm bumming I missed her other show--should have logged on last night as soon as I got home and checked into it sooner...:doah: I would have had tickets for both shows if I had the money a week ago when I got the ones for last nites show...I'll have to wait till june for her next show near me..:frown1:

I'll never forget this as long as I live!--I never expected anything like this to happen to me--I have only BAD luck!!:blush:

This means my trucks will probably be getting the boot--my 79 C10 will probably have to go--I love the truck but I cant afford to drive it AND have the 82 K20 too--the 74 K20 is gonna get scrapped,I hate too,but its done--and the time is right,scrap is 85 bucks a ton now--I might try to sell parts before junking it--but my back has been acting up,so I might just scrap it whole and take the loss..My van has not been on the road in over a year ,so its gonna need lots of work if I go to use it again--I might keep it for storage,or junk it too--it'll be hard to part with,I've had it 15 years,and lots if memories,with all the places I went in it...But life is all about changes,and I have to make quite a few...

Thanks to Rhonda,my faith in GOD has been restored!--I prayed out loud a while back when things here hit bottom,with a snowstorm every few days,and an aching back,my moms failing health,uncertain future--I asked him to take me out,or send me an angel to help me --in my wildest dreams I never expected it to be Rhonda Vincent that answered my prayer!!...:blush:

I apologize for this lengthy off-topic post!!--I'm just so excited I had to tell everyone I "know" online!!-(if the moderators would rather move this to the lounge and not delete it I'd be very grateful!)-and if any of you like bluegrass,check out Rhonda!! She is the Queen of Bluegrass!(www.rhondavincent.com)

I have to go get the car in the next few days--looks like this long time "chevy man" is going to have to get used to driving a ford!!!---after 30 years of GM loyalty,it might be a shock!--but I am ever so thankful for the generosity of this wonderful singer--I love you Rhonda!!:D

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That's very cool. Congrats. :cool1:

3. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sweet deal man!

That was very kind and generous of Rhonda :)

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

what a GREAT story.:D really lifted my spirits. the LORD moves in mysterious ways. GOD helped you know help him by telling peeps about it.:laugh: :laugh: too cool.

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah but all your posts are long lol j/k

wow congrats on the car, she is a smart girl being on the boards, and staying on the level of her fans and not trying to elevate herself. sounds cool.

did you try and kiss her? lol

congrats

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

wow man, thats pretty cool. :thumb:

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

!! VERY COOL !!! :thumb:

Don't throw away the "old" stuff.....there are CK5 people near you who might be interested [hint, hint, hint]

8. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

9. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

cool beans! :saweet:

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Robert, this couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. What a great story!!

You got a free car in very cool circumstances, and you also got a free membership at your favorite website. Looks like things are looking up! :)

Rene

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Moved to the lounge...

Rene

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

That's an awesome story. I'm sitting here with a smile on my face, because there's no doubt you've had your prayers answered. I hope the van works out for you. I also hope you look back on this event where God himself hooked you up, through Rhonda, whenever you're questioning how things are going. Take it an run with it, brother... Don't let this be the only great thing to happen to you :)

But I'm going to end my post now before I end up preaching to CK5 :blush:

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

That's cool as hell, I better buy me one of her CD's

14. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

S.O.B. ifin that ain't kool!:D

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Thanks!!!!

Thank you all for your kind words!--I hope to be able to find work soon,now that things have started changing for me (FINALLY!)...I will be forever grateful to Rhonda for her generosity!--an no,as much as I'd love to,I didn't try to kiss her!--I did get several good bear hugs though!;) :D --she's married so I had to be a "good boy!"..she is a knockout too--and extremely talented!:grin: .
    .( Rhonda is flying to the Mayo Clinic in MN today--she had a bad case of pancreitis last year and had surgurey,and it has been acting up again recently,and she had to have her appendix removed and a bad case of the flu in the last several months--I'd appreciate any prayers you could send her way--no one is more deserving of Gods healing touch than Rhonda--and I'm not just saying that because of what she did for me!)She is on the road 300 days a year!,and is probably THE nicest artist to her fans I've ever met..

I'm still in shock after winning the free membership,and getting that car!--I guess my life is going to be a lot different soon--I must get back to work,and prepare myself for my mothers passing--she is doing fairly well right now,but I can tell she is putting on a brave front--its not hard to see her condition is getting worse..

.I just hope she can manage while I'm away at work OK if I do get a job...she's very stubborn about taking any assistance from strangers--it was hell 5 years ago when she was so ill she ended up in the hospital,and needed oxogen,and visting nurses had to come every day...thank GOD she recoverd at least some of her health,and is able to get around and still do her chores,though she does have limitations ...

As I have told you all in the past,she has done many hurtful things to me,so our relationship is a strained one--the fact she sold a house my dad had fixed up to accomadate his handicaps and had him sign over the deed to our extra lot next door on his deathbed,and sold it,and blew all the money on my younger brother and lottery tickets and other foolishness ,and treated him with disrespect while he was ill with parkinsons and stomach problems,that didnt set well with me,or my older sister and brother-:frown1:

He was a fine man and a great father--had she passed away first(and she would have if I hadn't intervened)--he would have likely given me the whole 4 acre estate--now its in her hands,and I might have to kiss my garage and all I've worked for goodbye when she goes,depending on how she has her estste planned(she wont tell me or my older siblings anything--but my younger brother isnt saying anything--I think he knows exactly whats to come..:mad:

I dont expect to get anything,or maybe 1/4 if anything,since there are 4 of us in the family)---But,I guess I will have to forgive and forget--thats what God wants us to do!--it will be hard to accept,but I have gone against God's will too long already--now I feel he's giving me a second chance to redeem myself--I better not screw up and waste it now!:blush:

I am grateful to all at CK5 for their kind words about my recent good fortune!

I hope I can be a good member,and I'll try my best to post only helpful and informative posts!:crazy:

And I have many parts here still --if anyone in my area needs something,dont be afraid to ask--I might have it,and it will be cheap!--I also tour the local junkyards often,so I know whats around for parts--feel free to ask me if anyone has a need for anyGM 4x4 stuff.:crazy:
    Bob

16. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Congrat's on the free car!

Very cool.

17. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

God can work through many ways and through anyone. Glad to hear this has restored some of your faith and hope for the future. Sometimes we need a boost out of the "rut" that we are in. God sends good to people in many different ways and we never know when to expect it or what it will be.