Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got a complaint about my truck........

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Krase, May 3, 2003.

1. Krase

Krase Registered Member

Ha! Got you I am not complaining my truck is a P.O.S.

I just wanted to ask where you guys work on you rigs at? Mine is in its home away from home again, wal-mart or this time blockbuster parking lot. It seems my blazer loves to stay away from home in the nice lighted parking lots well within reach of a crook to have a nice lighted view to pick her clean. Well this is not a "i hate my truck it’s a p.o.s." post, just a comment on where my beloved truck likes to stay the night. Does anyone else have a truck that is just not comfortable at home? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW this time will shift fine but no movement, tranny is shot! Oh i love my truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Look below for my towing expeirence, nice amusing story with a sore back outcome

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Does it still have reverse ??? I've had more then one tranny so south and reverse still worked. Kinda a PITA to have too back up all the way home, but I've done it befor. 20+ miles of backing up sucks !!!!

3. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

For some odd reason my vehicles break down very close to home, sometimes in my garage or driveway, once in my yard. there have been exceptions but they usually limp home. good karma? truckma? I don't know.

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but I've done it befor. 20+ miles of backing up sucks !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus man! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Krase

Krase Registered Member

Nope no movement, it is a tow situation, thank goodness for full coverage --- now to get a cheap tow truck so i dont have to fork out much. He said i won't have to unhook driveshaft that they can slide the flatbed right underneath truck all the way? We will see, it wont roll thats for sure, i already checked

7. Krase

Krase Registered Member

Well 50 Bucks later and fifteen miles later, my truck has arrived at mechanic (as i do not have the time to swap trasmission) but for only 15 miles it took an hour---why you ask? Well that is because when you put a lifted truck on a flatbed they sit really high, so going slow already, then when you live in backwoods of tennessee and have to go under two underpasses that are only ten feet tall, you have to take the truck off the rollback and push through underpass and then reload it back on it, thank goodness we got it rolling. I just thought i would pass on the ending to orig post. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

heh atleast you didnt forget that the over pass was so small, wouldve really sucked to have your truck Clotheslined off the back of the flatbed.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

you gatta be kidding.. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

My trans went out Friday, it blew the servo right out of the side of the case and took a couple good sized chunks of the case with it. That is the first time its ever left me stranded. I sat there and waited for the rollback to arrive, no way Im leaving it sit anywhere.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

all the work I have done on my rig has been done in the driveway. My parents have a nice flat one, so it works pretty well. I did my axle swap at shane74's old pad... its driveway had some slope to it which made things a lil more scary. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

12. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Whenever mine breaks it driveshaft it usually within the 7 mile free tow range that AAA has from somewhere that I can fix it other than the side of the freeway(even though ive done that.)

13. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

man id get a buddy with a tow strap, just put it in N, start it up if you can so you have power brakes and steering, have him pull you home at a late hour of the night, if you live in a not so busy area, and at night that helps. my diff blew a block from my house on the street, but i drove it home anyway it just made god awful noises because the case cracked and the spyders were going over each other and binding and crunching, and this was with a sm465.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif