Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i got a good question...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Aug 15, 2003.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Anyone know how much the complete K5 tub weighs or how much just the rolling chassis weighs?

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm not sure about a fully loaded one with interior and carpets etc,installed--but the ones I have scrapped usually weigh in at about 500 lbs for the body,and about 400 for the frame (no axles attached),of course this figure is for rotted out hulks from new england--your mileage may vary! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Bare 74 blazer tub with hardtop on a roller (10 bolts) plus one door shell/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif weighed 2400 lbs. It was on a mix of tires around the 31" size on steel rims. It did have a fuel tank with an unkown quantity of liquid something or other in it. It had a steering column too and the front glass.

No motor, tranny, T-case, shafts, interior, front clip, tailgate, doors etc etc.

That was my guesstimate based on another blazer that was much more complete that I did get onto the scales.

Rene