Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got a GSD!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Jan 1, 2006.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I got a German Sheperd!!:D

This is my second one, and he is awesome.

Two weeks ago I went into the office and, long story short, I left with DUKE, who needed a home. I was not looking to acquire a dog anytime soon, but he has a very good tempermant, and everyone said he was friendly and would be good with kids. So I put him in my pickup.

He is 18 mo. old, 90lbs, perfect red/blk/tan saddleback.

After 3 hours or so of observing him, I concluded he was good natured, a good first impression on his part. But he limped on his left side. That I found out was due to lack of exercise, muscle atrophy. His hips, well, only x-rays will tell that story. But after two weeks of walks, him playing "keep-away" with his rawhide w/ my kids, he is prancing, not limping.

SO, I called my wife and I told her I had this GSD. Mind you, it's two weeks before Christmas, we have four children, and my wife is busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

She say's "uh-OK, bring him home so I can see for myself. Ten minutes later she calls and says all the kids are excited. She is pretty cool.

So it's been two weeks and Duke is a member of our family.

He has not had an accident in the house. He has not chewed anything other than his toys. He has ridden with me every day. He is gentle with my children, and just recently exhibits "ownership" and protection for his house.

I really consider him a gift from the Lord.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I fear the next dogs we get will be big and indoors:doah: My Dad has 2 dogs he rescued both big and they sit on his lap when he sits in his recliner...:haha:

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:waytogo:

That's cool!! I'd love to get my mutt riding with me... We've had her for 2 years, and she finally slept out of the kitchen for the first time last thursday.

Very nice, German Shepherds are great dogs, too!

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Both of my labs live inside. Just get a good vacuum and it is great.

5. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know what you mean, ours live in the garage and its still bad. Good luck with the lap.....I mean new dog.

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats how i feel about GOTTIE ,he wrecked my house but the way he protects AUDRIC is crazy.mom can;t even spank him and gottie jumps in.:laugh: i grew up with german shepards.they always look mangy in the summer.:rotfl: