Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got a new exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hunterguy86, Sep 8, 2006.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Well I tried to get the k5 inspected but they failed it because the muffler had a hole in it. So I went next door to the muffler shop and paid 200 dollars for a 10 series flowmaster and tailpipe w/ echo tip.

My question is the muffler is not that loud. If I go to a high flow cat will that make it louder. I'm under the impression that it will but I just wanted yalls opinion.

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

a 10 series? never heard of that one.

3. kwissman

kwissman 1/2 ton status

A 10 series is a single chamber flowmaster if I am correct. A high flow cat might make it a little louder, but not much. You can get a dynomax universal one from hottexhaust for about 60.00.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I thought the 10 is a race muffler only. Your state must be not check for noise.

5. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

technically, you can be ticketed for noise, in much of texas, but i've never heard of anyone failing inspection for it. i don't know if they even check.

6. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Ya the 10 series is a race muffler, so the flowmaster website shows. But with the cat on there its quiter than most 40, 50, and 70 series mufflers I've heard.

7. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dude youre in san marcos, run straight pipes! just kidding they dont really like that, skip on the cat and put on a fat set o headers dumpin out right over the rear axle. my truck is really loud! i got it inspected a few months ago and i have leaks all over the place from one of those gonzalez muffler shops, (its what you get for $50 and a crappy set of tires) if it looks shiny theyll pass it. go bobcats!