Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i got a new truck!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbadchev84, Oct 15, 2005.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

ok guys.....i crossed over to the dark side and just bought a bright red 05' tacoma sr5 access cab 4wd 5speed with the 4cyl. so far i am really happy with it, i will try to post up pics tomorrow, after i get back from seattle. plans so far are a 3" revtek lift, tint windows, and either some 33s or the metric 34s the new toyo mts. the 33s are a 16" wheel and the 34s are a 17" wheel i am looking for what wheels i want though either some alum. simulated beadlock ones ore some chrome plated ones......anyone have any other suggestions?

2. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

I love those Yotas... good truck man. But shhhh... don't tell anyone I said so! :doah:

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Only one suggestion, please for the love of god DO NOT get fake beadlocks. Other than that congrats on the new truck.

4. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Good luck with the new truck. But i was looking for a newer dd. What kind of gas mileage do you get out of the yota? If it is not more than a few more than a fullsize chevy then i will stay with a chevy? Mind if i ask the cost? Looked at a few from 2600 to 4500 (86ish to early 90's).

5. bigbadchev84

the sticker in the window advertised it as 19-23mpg, so far i haveput 275 miles on it and it still has 3/8 tank. it was filled up when i got it so i havent added any gas to it yet to compare milage. but i am pretty impressed so far.....i ended up getting it for 23,000 at $434.00 a month but i just moved 45 miles one way from my job so my other rig that was getting 8city 12-14hwy mpg just wasnt gonna cut it, i should be close to coming out even just by fuel costs alone. it is really rooming inside suprisingliy, i will try and get a few pics up a little later. i really wanna get the lift and tires on....the next smallest truck i own sits on 35s so this is really throwing me off.

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

lift and bigger tires won't do much for the fuel economy though...

7. bigbadchev84

i am willing to sacrifice a little gas milage for looks, i was getting 8-10mpg before so this is a drastic improvement. Is there any way to make this thing sound a little meaner? maybe a flowmaster? is there such a thing as a mean sounding 4cyl?

8. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

put a single glas pack on it or be manly and just run a straight pipe. You ever went and watched the 4cyl class cars circle track race? You can here some power but i don't think you want to do that to your motor.

9. bigbadchev84

heres the pics

pics4 004.jpg

pics4 005.jpg

pics4 007.jpg

pics4 009.jpg

10. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

trd makes a s/s exhaust for tacos (new for your truck might not be out yet) they sound bad ass!!

i used to steal a friends and it sounded soooo good... but the trd supercharger prob helped a little... :D

11. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

nice I like both you trucks. The man i sold my k10 to says he is getting a bit done to it and it's running good. I miss my truck. Tomorrow going to look at 2 '85 model trucks.