Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got a PARKING TICKET for having my car for sale!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by calcide, Mar 18, 2002.

1. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

I've got a station wagon for sale that I have had parked next to the end of my driveway for about 2 months now. It has had current tags on it the whole time because we have problems with code enforcemnt nazis around here.

Last week a cop stops by and writes me a ticket, apparently some city councilman has to drive by my house every day (I live right next to a major highway) and he didn't like to have to look at this car! Also, the end of my driveway is technically state property and it's illegal here to "display a vehicle for sale" on state property!

If you have to be in Lakewood, CO, make sure you don't have a for sale sign on your truck if you are on state property. What a crock of sh!t

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

thats pretty damn weak... the car dealerships around here have made it illegal to sell cars out of most vacant lots , and had signs posted to the effect of `vehicle sale is prohibited. all vehicles will be towed and violators will be prosecuted' this sucks for many reasons... on the one side, people no longer can park thier vehicles at the highschool on weekends, where people interested in buying cars could come see 30-50 in one shot, and people can't park them in higher profile area's.

to top it off, most dealers won't pay a dime for most the cars that people want to sell on the corners anyway.

-Rich

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Simply back the car onto your yard, off and away from the state property line and let it sit till you sell it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

That's pretty much what I did, I put it at the edge of the property but now it's blocking my driveway. Another thing, the city requires all vehicles to be parked on an "all-weather improved surface" meaning that it has to be on gravel or pavement. They can also write a ticket for having a "junk vehicle" even if it's on your property. A junk vehicle is one that has a flat tire, missing parts (like a blazer with the top off), or non valid tags.

Good thing I'm moving to a small town this year.

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

LOL... I had a similar problem. Couple years ago I borrowed a friends double axle trailer to tow my bus. The bus was getting painted so I just left the tralier in front of the house. Well some complained and some cop came bye,and left me a warning. So what I did was just attach the trailer to the K5 and left both of them sit in front of the house. LOL.. sucker's!

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> In my town, there's an ordinance that says you're not allowed to have a car for sale in front of your house and it can't be in the same spot for over 24 hours too ! It's rediculous what some people will complain about !

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Just park on the grass, throw some gravel under the tires and let them complain........yeah, around here a car can't sit in the same place for maore than 2 days

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Can't be on city property here with a for sale sign in it.

and all cars visible from the street have to have current registration..now that law is stupid./forums/images/icons/frown.gif We built a fence to hide ours as did 2 other people on our street.

10. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

same thing happen to me when i lived in san jose, idiot cop was writing up a ticket for having it forsale, while someone was breaking into my apartment. luck my roomate was working graveyards and sleep durring the day. that really pissed me off. told the cop about it a few days later, they got me for the ticket but let the guy go who was breaking into my place. made me feel like breaking into his brain, but probably didn't have one...

ARQ.

11. BADASSBLAZE

BADASSBLAZE Registered Member

Just the other day at my Uncle's house, his friends from Canada got a ticket for parking their 5th Wheel Travel Trailer in front of his house. My Uncle gave them permission to park the trailer there but the cop said it didn't matter.

12. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Wow, that's some *major* BS. I hate all these stupid rules. If you've paid for the property and/or are renting and have approval of who you're renting from it should be nobody's business what you do there... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif I hate people... Is why I'm going to have my goal be to own my own large ranch sized allotment of land. No neighbors or any such thing to whine about what I'm doing... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif People are way too irritating and try to exert far too much control over other peoples' property...

13. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

where do you live? kalifornia?

14. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

ppl around here park in the wal mart parking lot. about once a month they go through and ticket all of them.a$$holes.

NITRO

15. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

I'm seriously tempted to take that car (1966 Chrysler Town and Country Wagon) and mad max it up and park it where it was when it got a ticket. But not have it for sale.

It would look cool with a gun turret, huge bulldozer blade, and armor all over it.

Of course, it would just cause the code nazis to visit and look for everything they can. It's allowed for them to stick a video camera over your fence to see what's back there. And then ticket you for whatever violations they see. It doesn't matter if nobody can see into your back yard regularly. They will stand in the bed of their truck to look if they have to.