Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i got a tire question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Oct 8, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

i got a 77 blazer with 4" suspension lift. Im running 35" Mud kings on 15x10 rims right now. I work at Discount Tire so i get a great discount (10% over factory price) and im planning on buying the wide ass 16/35x15 Super Swamper Boggers (35" tall, 16" wide, 15" rim) Ive seen this tire wheel combo sold at 4 wheel parts in magazines so im not worried about squeezing them on a 10" rim. My question is how much of a lift do i need to clear this wide of a tire?
    I dont do anything that requires serious articulation (it scares me). I mostly do mud, and open pasture. Does anyone kknow what the smallest lift or most fender cutting i can do? Thanks. Any one got any pics of a this size bogger? i cant find them. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

there's a lot of variables that goes into fitting a certain tire with a certain lift. things like suspension sag, body sag, wheel backspacing, and wheel width. a 16" wide tire on a 10" wheel is going to make it taller than it would if it was going on a 12 or 14" wide wheel. from what i know, you might need to go to a 6" lift with mild fender trimming, or a 2" body lift, or you can say screw it and and keep the 4" and do some extensive fender trimming. if you're dead set on these tires, the only real way is to buy them, put them on, then see what you've got to deal with.

3. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

To fit without lifting anymore you will need to get wheels that are backspaced outward a few inches and probably 12" wide. This should get you closer to fitting them.

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

just do what big orange said. buy em and test out flex and just start cuttin away. you'll like doin it. its fun. lol. boggers are mean tires. i love the way they throw mud. i'm gettin tired of mud tho. havin to clean it all the time gets aggrivating. later.

jacob

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You'll like those boggers. I used to run 39.5" tsl's in the mud. A guy around here with 35" boggers used to go around me when I got stuck. He did all the time so it wasnt any fluke. I gave up and got a set of Boggers too. Oh and he runs a 4" lift and some fender trimming.