Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got a whole lot of white smoke on start up.

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 55Willy, Mar 4, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

it smokes for a long time. the rig has sat for 7 months and I just finsihed the water pump and radiator swap so it can finaly run on it's own, I'm replacing the exhaust but with a move to another state coming up, I'm a little leary of all the smoke. It didn't do like this before /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it smokes for a long time. the rig has sat for 7 months and I just finsihed the water pump and radiator swap so it can finaly run on it's own, I'm replacing the exhaust but with a move to another state coming up, I'm a little leary of all the smoke. It didn't do like this before /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine did this everytime it sat for a long time, heck my gasser did that when it sat for 6 months.
    I just drive it for a week and and it clears up.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

well, finally got the exhuast done and the front end done.
    drove it around the block andit smoked like Uncle Bucks car from the movie,LOL.

went and got a bottle of GUNK diesel conditioner an a half tank of fuel, after driving the 2 mile loop to the station and back, no more smoke! bring on Boise! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Sound's like you've got it whipped Willy! Just add some Fresh fuel and run it, stagnant fuel is'nt good gas or diesel. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif